Baxter's med thread

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 9:55 am

I'm so sorry. Rest well sweet Baxter.

zazzified

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 10:02 am

Thanks guys. I can't help but beat myself up and think that maybe when I tried to feed him I made him inhale it or something and it's all my fault.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 11:34 am

You're just playing the same "what if" game we've all done. You know these little creatures are very fragile. I seriously doubt anything you did contributed to his passing. Please don't beat yourself up. You are a GREAT piggy mom and Baxter knew how much he was loved.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 11:53 am

Oh, zazzified, I am so terribly sorry you lost him. I know you did the best you could and am so sorry he didn't recover. He was indeed much loved.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm

He was very much loved. And he will be missed.

He's scampering on the rainbow bridge.

zazzified

Post   » Fri May 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Thank you all. It's comforting to know that people understand that these little guys still squeak their way to our hearts.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 12:16 am

Oh, zazzified, I am so terribly sorry :(( *hugs*

RIP handsome Baxter! Enjoy the Rainbow Bridge sweetie, there are lots and lots of veggies there and no pain!

Brenda B

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 12:24 am

zazz, I am so sorry to hear this! You are an amazing piggy mum! It is so normal to question our course of action, but don't do it! You ALWAYS do the best for your pigs!
Give Jeeves extra scritches from me and a big hug for you!

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 12:40 am

I'm sorry, Zazzified.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 12:54 am

Oh no. Zazzified, I am so very sorry, for him and for you.

I can almost guarantee you it is nothing you did. I'll lay odds he had an undiagnosed and asymptomatic heart condition. Taking an unusually long time to come out of sedation, and then going into respiratory distress, is just too big of a sign. Dental problems are also often present.

But that doesn't really matter, does it? He's gone and it hurts, for you and for Jeeves.

Know that he will know he is loved always and never forgotten.

clairey

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 6:23 am

I'm really sorry to hear this, zazz.

Ditto everyone else, you take brilliant care of your pigs. Nothing you did caused this.

rkog

Post   » Sat May 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I am so sorry. You did everything you could. RIP, little guy.