Surgery Today, Need Good Thoughts - Bleeding/Pyometra

zazzified

Post   » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Glad she made it through! Make sure the vet will be force feeding all night long.

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:05 am

We went to see her last night. They do have Critical Care and they were feeding her that. She did really well and I have pictures of her uterus, there were cysts on her ovaries but there was also pyometra and that is what the 2cm x 6cm mass was. Her uterus weighed 44 grams. Unbelievable that she had to go through that. I'm on my way now to pick her up.

I can post the pictures of her uterus if anyone is interested. I would like permission first in case I shouldn't post something like that. It's not very gory at all, but it is very interesting to see.

zazzified

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:16 am

Wow! I'm glad she's doing well. The period right after surgery is so critical, so it's great that they're getting food in her.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:30 am

Sending more good thoughts for Sprinkle! It is wonderful that she had a good night.

Please feel free to post your pictures of her uterus.

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:18 pm

She is doing so well! She looks so much better than she did last night. She's alert, snuggly, eating and pooping. They sent us home with Critical Care as well as 4 medicines, a syringe for the critical care and a syringe for each of the meds. She's eating her veggies now and I am keeping track of how much she is actually eating.

The medicines they gave us are Meloxicam, Metoclopramide, Metronidazole, and Enrofloxacin.

I'll post pictures later. Thanks again for all of the help and support, I really do appreciate it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:47 pm

I hope she recovers fine. Her behavior sounds encouraging. I trust you will ensure she keeps eating.

www.guinealynx.info/.html

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Yes, I will make certain she continues eating. She's still eating her veggies and now her pellets. She hasn't eaten any hay yet though. I'm getting alot of poop but they are not consistent in shape and size. Would this be normal after a major surgery and just beginning to eat today?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Because of the distruption in food intake, I would think some irregularities might be expected.

zazzified

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Jeeves' poop was pretty irregular for a few days. Some normal, some goofy looking, but all the normal color.

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Now the poop is getting pretty squishy, still in the shape of normal poop but when you pick it up it is really wet and squishy. She's puffy and just has an "I feel icky" look to her. I'm not leaving her side.

New poop, now it is squishy piles, not shaped. I'm a little concerned.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Is Sprinkle eating any hay yet?

How much Meloxicam is she getting?

KenziesCavies

Post   » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:29 pm

Eating some hay and getting .08ml of Meloxicam. I just gave her the 2nd doses of all 4 meds. Poop is and has been not formed for a few hours now. I'm staying with her until her poop is normal again because I'm concerned.