Diarrhea + fit

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:21 pm

We have had a little better luck today. A friend suggested lightly massaging her sides to try to stimulate the bowels and help any gas get out. This worked wonderfully. Meg stretched out and closed her eyes halfway and squeaked and moaned but let me do it. I think she knew that it was helping her. After a little while she stopped moaning and little poops started coming out.

We have repeated this process twice. Afterwards, when I put her back in the cage, she leaves tiny poops everywhere.

I am putting her on Bactrim tonight.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:46 pm

I am so happy to hear things are moving along. For what it's worth, I found Kitten pooped up a storm when I put her in a nice warm comfortable bath. It may be possible to use a vibrator, also.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:52 pm

um....could you clarify that?

kiceberg

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:56 pm

???

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:01 pm

Perhaps it is more for gas -- but I remember someone recommending a vibrator. Don't get any weird ideas, now.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:04 pm

Do you mean for me or Meg?

Becky

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:29 am

My vet told me to use a vibrator on Chippy to keep the sludge from settling in one spot and causing excessive irritation.

I innocently replied that I didn't own one.

Chary, hope Meg keeps doing better.

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:52 am

Try holding an electric toothbrush while on, nonbristle side, against the tummy.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:26 am

oh! on her stomach.

Why do you think she keeps bloating up?

pinta

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:31 am

I'm assuming on the stomach, or on the sides - wherevever you're massaging.

It sounds like she has motility problems. Abigail developed motility problems after her spay, requiring Reglan twice a day. I have no idea if the lack of motility is related the spay or not.

melcvt00

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:55 am

Chary already has Meg on Reglan.

knoeddelmeister

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:59 pm

My vet in San Jose told me that the anesthetic can cause motility problems (slowing down that is). It should be better after a while. But every pig is different and some suffer more and longer then others. Age plays a role also. How old is Meg, any idea?