Panqueca - Medical Thread

JudiL-MetroGPRescue
Poop Obsessed

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Your vet does sound like a good vet. Hoping she gets better soon!! She is really beautiful.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:15 pm

Chamomille is a very good cleanser. You need an infusion. You place boiling water over the chamomille and then cover the cup. Let it steep for 20/25 minutes. The result will be a tad bit yellower than the usual tea.

It is great for irritated skin, cleaning the eyes and tender areas (such as after a rash). I use it all the time and it is wonderful. Make sure you use pure chamomille, nothing added.

Kishes to sweet Panqueca :)

Brainerror

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Light will bother, similar to when we have an eye infection and can't bear the sun or light, it will be irritating to her but she'll be OK. If you think she's in pain, give her a drop of metacam to ease it (also an anti inflammatory).

Hoping to see an improvement in the next few days!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Great pics! Seems like the injured eye may be a tiny bit receded - much better than "protruded". I think eyes sometimes recede as a protective measure. Protrusion can indicate infection or teeth elongation.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Just for record: photo taken this afternoon.

Looks like yesterday, but seems a bit more reddish around the iris; the cloudiness seems more concentrated in the center.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm

Photo taken this afternoon.

I'm confident.
Me too!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 pm

She's so cute! I'm glad she's doing well.

tia2370

Post   » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:07 pm

Regaine, that's almost exactly how Rodney's eye looked when he had a hay poke. He had a little dot where the hay had poked him that was darker in color, though. I wonder if maybe she got some hay dust or something in her eye? Anyway, I just wanted to reassure you that it will get better. It took Rodney's eye about a week before it started looking normal again. You caught it right away, which is key for eye care!

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:53 pm

The eye looks better. You're such a good mommy.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:08 am

So glad cutie is getting better and then her friend has a clean butt that is fantastic. Hang in there sweetie you are going to get better real soon. Enjoy being more spoilt than usual. Sending hugs and healing vibes.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 am

Thanks Bugs Mom, tia2370, Debs4Pigs and daisymay for your kindness messages!

tia2370, thank you for share your experience, it helps a LOT. So glad Rodney's eye got back to normal! It covered me with hope.

I got up early to take care of Panqueca's eye, and it really looks a bit better each time. I know it's just a *bit* and it takes time, but the feeling is *relief*.

I'll take another picture in the afternoon.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:07 pm

Photo taken this afternoon:

Slowly it's getting better... so, patience and hope!

Just to compare: