Pantufinha's Medical Thread

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I wonder if this is where the umbilical cord would have been (like our navel).

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:07 pm

That's her belly button :)

Yuugi

Post   » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:02 pm

It's the belly button! I still remember how i went into a panic once with my Momo because of that. Then i checked Mimi and she had the same.
I laughed like crazy when i realized i was panicking over a belly button :).

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:29 pm

Ops! I really didn't think they could have belly buttons! HAHA
Thanks Lynx, Bytxlaura and Yuugi! :)

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:15 pm

I just got back from the vet. She saw the X-ray of both my girls, and said they have a little bit of malocclusion, but nothing that has to be done.

She saw the ultrassound which indicated the presence of crystals in the urine. She said that I need to re-evaluate their diet. I always try to be very selective and controlled with what I give to them, but now I have to write down everything I'm giving and see if I can find what is wrong. :(

Any idea of diet to prevent crystals and stones?

Oh, and the vet took that piece of food that was stuck between the incisors of Pantufinha! She used a dental floss and said that maybe I'll have to do it more often.

Thanks for the help. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 pm

You might get some diet ideas here:

www.guinealynx.info/.html
www.guinealynx.info/.html

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm

I noticed Pantufinha "grumbling" while she was laying on the cage. I went to see what was happening, specially because of her previous urinary problem. She just pooped.
Should I be worried? She had no more urinary problems since the last time.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Did the grumbling sound like pain?

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:08 pm

I don't know if it was pain, it seemed that she was "troubled". Strange that after I posted here I saw her poop with no grumbling sound.

My husband said he heard a low grumble from her last night, and she pooped right away. The poops look normal. Could it have something to do with heat? The days are very hot here, I'm putting a frozen water bottle wrapped every day in the cage.

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Keep an eye on her. Crying while pooping can sometimes mean the same as crying while peeing. Urinary problems. Good luck with the sweetie either way.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Thank you! I'll keep an eye in her. :)

Brainerror

Post   » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:20 am

my scruffles sometimes strains/cries when pooping because of her previous stone and cystitis problems. We put her on cystease and metacam for a week or so and that seems to solve the issue for a while (she hasn't done it for at least a month now). her urine culture and analysis came back normal, so it's just inflammation causing it.

Of course a change in diet and giving more vit C, cranberry juice etc will help too.

Hope she feels better soon, bladder probs are horrible.