Pregnant and din't know and now have 3 babies.Please help :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue May 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Either just before the next ivermectin dose or two or three days after.

Are there any directions on the shampoo?

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 am

Yes, it says to keep shampoo on the scalp for 5 minutes before rinsing.
It doesn't specific the frequency of usage.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 11, 2017 11:32 am

Ah, those are human recommendations.

I'd settle in to once a week and time it to be before you treat with ivermectin. She would be shampooed, rinsed, dried, and then tried with ivermectin topically.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Sat May 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you Lynx.

I was wondering how do one wash a guinea pig's face? I think Sandy might have fungus on his nose because he has started losing hair on that part.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat May 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Don't wash it. Get an antifungal cream and apply sparingly to the nose twice a day for several days. It should start to look better by then if it's a fungus.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Thu May 18, 2017 12:04 pm

My boars are having soft, squishy, unshaped, brownish and smelly poops. They are not on any drugs except Ivermectin applied topically. I read about diarrhea here and tried cutting down on veggies and giving more hay but that dint work because my piggies rely more on veggies than hay and I dint want them to starve and loose weight. They are acting completely normal except for the poops.They have always had soft poops but this time its worse.

I have 60 ml Metronidazole Benzoate oral solution and each 5ml contains 200mg Metronidazole. I am confused how much to give them because the Anti-parasite page says 20-60mg/kg every 12hours. So what should I consider-20mg/kg or more?

Also I bought two probiotics. Which one should I give and how much?
1. Nutrolin B syrup - contains lactic acid bacillus, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Nicotinamide, Vitamin B6 and B3.

2. Enterogermina Oral suspension - contains bacillus clausii spores.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Sorry, but you're doing them no favors by giving more veggies than hay. Not only will veggies not keep their teeth ground down and set them and you up for painful and expensive dental problems, but they miss the protein they'd get from the hay. Forget the probiotics and the Metronidazole (which can, all by itself, cause soft poops), and buy them some good hay. Ignore their pitiful pleas for more veggies, and limit them to about a cup a day each.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Go for good, high quality hay. Nice and leafy green and fragrant.
hay.html

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Fri May 19, 2017 12:34 pm

They normally get around 2/3 cups of vegetables a day. Sandy will starve and wait until his next veggie meal but will hardly eat the hay. He will eat few strands when fresh but will not touch it later. Even when he had his dental surgery few years back, he wasn't able to eat veggies but still dint eat hay. How do I encourage him to eat hay? What do I do if he starts loosing weight?

Cupid eats a good amount of hay and veggies but he is still having poop issues.

I will gradually reduce the amount of veggies to one cup and change the type of hay and see if they improve.

Thank you everyone for your help.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 pm

The best bet is to try a different kind of hay.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am

My piggies have been on Ivermectin since two months(8 doses) and on antifungal shampoo(Ketoconazole) for a month now. Their scratching has reduced but not completely gone. How long should I continue to give them Ivermectin and antifungal bath? Could the scratching be due to some other reasons?

Any tips, similer experiences or suggestions would be appreciated.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Do they have dry skin? Is there any possibility the antifungal baths are drying out skin and causing the scratching?