Mattie has another bladder infection already!

Kath

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 8:08 am

Yesterday I heard what sounded like a wee little puppy whining quick little whines...looked high and low and couldn´t find the source. Heard it again later, and it realized it was Mattie in her potty corner.

Her bottom isn´t soggy yet, and she´s not peeing pink, but I wasn´t going to wait that long! Called the vet, and he prescribed the bactrim again (she did well on it last time, LOVES the stuff, and didn´t have any probs with her gut flora).

He only prescribed it for 7 days...is that long enough?

I´m frustrated for my little girl. I have no idea why she is getting these. I had a cat with a chronic problem and am SO worried that she´s going to go down that road.

lisam

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:18 am

Poor girl. You know, you may get more medical responses if you post this on the emergency board. Hope someone can help you!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:38 am

When Snowflake had a UTI (presumably) I found from talking to Josephine and others that they can be very slow to heal. Things are sore and a longer course of medication really makes a difference. I think I ended up having Snowflake on baytril for a week (not my first choice -- would have prefered bactrim) and bactrim for perhaps another two weeks. I forget what was going on -- was she checked for stones? If she has a stone blocking the passage of urine and it is painful, she will need more than just antibiotics.

It is always best to continue discussion of a problem on the original thread so people know what was done so far.

Becky

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:50 am

Yikes! That was the first sign of a problem that I noticed with Cookie. The little quick whines. She did have a UTI but also two bladderstones. She also had a very wet bottom, but that was normal for her. You might want to have it checked with an x-ray.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1