Alice- female discharge

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Usually with teeth filing, they are good to go right away. If you give her meds in morning before you leave for work, then at night she should be ok. If you can go home at lunch to check on her, that would be ideal, depending on what it is. But once those molars are trimmed they are usually back to normal. I hope that's all it is.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:43 pm

I hope I don't jinx it but Alice is eating and pooping more and more as the day goes on. I'm going to call the vet at 7:30 when they open and find out when I can bring her in. Her appointment isn't until 4 but they said I could bring her in early for observation.
My husband works out of our house so he will be able to keep an eye on her Tuesday. We decided that I would go to work as normal unless she isn't back to normal.
I agree that I hope it's all it is. Heck, I'd be ok if it was as simple as something getting lodged and it got worked out.
I'll keep updates here and most likely on facebook.
I've been scared senseless all day.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:54 am

Leaving in 15 minutes to drop Alice at the vet for the day.
She is eating some and pooping some but her belly is nowhere near as smooshy as it needs to be.
I'm scared to death.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:18 am

Alice is at the Vet.
As I was leaving, the vet tech ran out and told me that Dr. Laura wanted to speak with me.
She examined Alice while I was in the room.
Found her left molars to be growing slightly longer than her right ones.
She also found a small nodule on her Thyroid.
I left my girl at the vet today so that they can get her gut moving and do her molar planing.

Next is figuring out what to do about the Thyroid thing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:29 am

Sending good wishes for Alice. Are the incisors lopsided too? Maybe a chin sling might help?

www.guinealynx.info/.html

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:33 am

She said her incisors are perfect. No problem at all there. The teeth will be an easy fix. I worry about the Thyroid nodule.

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 am

Something else I wanted to add, after reading about Thyroid issues.
She has been hitting up the water bottle more than normal in the last week. I've been filling it twice a day. It is a small water bottle, but it's also not unusual to go an entire day without it needing to be filled.

Any suggestions on what I should be asking the vet about as far as testing to get to the bottom of the Thyroid issue?

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Ok. We are home and settled.
Alice does not have lopsided molars, as previously thought.
Once she was under, Dr. Laura discovered the source for the gagging motion and for going off of her food.
She has a gap in between her 2nd and 3rd lower left molars. The food got packed into this gap, causing pain.
Dr. Laura cleared the debris and placed Clindoral in the space between the teeth.
I was lucky to get there when I did. She let me come in while Alice was under, to see what was going on. She said the molars are actually pretty perfect and even. The only thing was the gap.
I have to flush that space at least once a day, with a syringe.

On to the thyroid. She showed me how to feel the nodule. Right now it is very small. About the size of a small pea. I need to check it every couple of days to make sure it isn't growing. She said that if it grows, we will do a T4 test to see what is going on.
As of now, just monitor her thirst and her neck.

I'm working round the clock with reglan and vibrating pillows, critical care and water, to get her gut going again.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:43 pm

Your vet sounds very thorough. I so hope things get moving properly again!

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 am

Still having bloating issues. Any suggestions besides the above mentioned things?
My vet did say something about Cisapride if need be.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:00 am

I don't know if you've recently read any of the links to bloat threads but they could help.

www.guinealynx.info/.html#bloat

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:40 am

I need to go back and read the bloat stuff again.
My boss is super awesome. He is letting me bring her in so I can keep an eye on her and feed her.
She can handle a tiny pet store cage for a few hours.