What appears to be an impaction may not always be.

flutterbye

Post   » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 pm

I'm so happy to read that he's doing well, you've both been through quite something!

Best wishes from us here in Wales xx

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Thanks friends! His birthday is in a few weeks so I will do a special party for him and his brother. :)

Debs4Pigs

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Glad he's well enough to be with his herd and to enjoy his birthday.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Ugh I think poor Lion may have a UTI. He is crying a bit when he pees. The pee looks clear/milky on a towel. I am worried about him. He is eating and drinking and playing though. Have an appointment in the morning with Vet. If he gets worse today I wil take him to the ER vet except that vet is not very cavy savvy so would rather have our regular vet see him tomorrow.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 am

Good luck and keep us posted. Don't hesitate to 'remind' your regular vet of everything his nether regions have been through; it might be relevant. Hoping it's just a UTI.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:32 pm

It is a UTI. :( He is on baytril and benebac for 10 days. Poor little man just can't catch a break in his nether regions. Vet said the previous surgery site looks beautiful. So that is nice to know.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Lions UTI is cleared up. Today he started sneezing like crazy. He does not have crackly breathing or runny nose and I had just put fresh hay in. He is eating like a champ but I went ahead and got him an appointment for tomorrow A.M. I really hope it is nothing. Poor little guy has been through a lot this year!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Fingers crossed it's nothing.

angiemthomas

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Glad the UTI and intestinal thing cleared up!
Glad also that you made a vet appointment. I'm sure its nothing. Sometimes my pigs go through sneezing days. it could be the hay or litter or perfume or allergies - who knows.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 am

It was just me being paranoid. It's okay I don't mind, he is well worth the cost. :) He got a clean bill of health.

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Okay, I just read the very first post for the first time, and: EWW.

Poor baby. But also, EEW.

I'm glad he's all better!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks Alden! :)

32 posts