Tallulah's Medical thread

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 pm

If you absolutely have to pick her up, try to get her to go into a cuddle cup, bed or cuddle sack and then just pick it up with her in it.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:20 pm

Tallulah is making a lot of squeeky noises, and there is some very dark urine in a section of the cage. Do pregnant guinea pigs make squeeky/shrieky noises? or does it sound like something she should be going to the vets for?

I'd like to not go to the vets if we don't have to, because 1.) she's pregnant, and 2.) it is hot as hades out there, and my car is black and leather and tends to not get appreciably cooler.

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Yes, they can make those noises, just like us humans when we are very pregnant! I was really hoping to see baby pictures today!! When they have the babies though they tend to make one weird hiccup squeek and start pushing out babies, that is the only noise you will hear usually during labor.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Babies should be soon! I hope! She's still pretty limber, but every once in awhile after leaping about she just lies down like she can't carry on. I'm hoping it'll be a week or less becaue I think I read somehere after you feel them move it's like 2-3 weeks after that they're born.

I'm back to thinking it's only one baby, when I feel the movement it's only in one area, under her belly, near the pelvis now, no longer on the side.

She's a funny thing, she's always in *such* a hurry that in order to run at the speed she's accustomed too she runs on her tippy toes, it's adorable.

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:41 pm

I saw something kinda weird when they were in their pen on the floor. Tallulah was half laying down with her front half up and her head straight up in the air.

Very Bizarre...and now she's squeaking again, the poor dear, I hope she has her babies soon!

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:43 pm

That is the way they have babies, is she having them now??

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:50 pm

Oh boy! Really? I don't know! I didn't hear any funky noises! I'll go look.

ETA: Nope still pregnant, but there's a little something gummy/tissue like on the fleece, and maybe some blood (or blueberry juice) The babies are moving moving in there though. I'll keep an eye on her. She's running around like normal, and no blood coming from her now. I'm going to try to photo the gummy thing...

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:55 pm

She might be in labor now, is it dark and quiet in there?

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

She's in her sack. I have the TV on, which is next to the cage, shpould I drape a blanket over the cage? and turn off the TV?

LandosMomma

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

I would make it as quiet as possible in there. So, she is more relaxed. I'm so excited, I can only imagine how you must feel!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Stain on the sack:
Looks like blueberry to me

The gummy/tissue thing, the dark stuff is blueberry, the fleshy colored stuff, I have no idea. There's some lettuce shreds in there too I think haha. Location wise it right in front of the sack.

I'm nervouse, what if something goes wrong?!? and I don't catch it in time, or at all. I just want this over with haha. Once there are happy, healthy babies, I'll be happy and excited!

KrazyKawaii

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Also, the babies are kicking like mad, and she purring when I touch her. Somebody yesterday at work said their guinea pig did that right before she had babies..