Crystal formation in the urine.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Exactly Lynx - he doesn't squeak when he wee's anymore and he's on no pain Killer's or Antibiotics!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

Excellent. :-)

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:00 pm

I am sorry - I shouldn't have had a night off, or so Patrick says.

Went out yesterday so only syringed Patrick 20mls of water, Patrick is now peeing blood :(. Surely one night of no water can't have this affect, he's in a lot of pain normally he runs around when out the cage instead he just lay down on me and went to sleep. Poor Baby, his poops where also smaller and he appears to have a swollen belly although not bloat, as he's pooping and eating normal sized poops now, as I type he's munching his way though a bowl of Critical Care. Perhaps he wants to put an emergency vet visit, on top of his mummies already sore head!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Oh, I am sorry about the setback! I am sorry he is in pain. Sounds like it may be back to antibiotics and pain killers :-(

Fred_and_co

Post   » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:41 am

Hi Everyone,

Patrick has been crying again since Saturday - he had another injection and saw the vet - no blood just squeaking but to be honest I don't think it's working.

I am syringing fluids daily.

Now hopefully you guys can help - Patrick is on Metacam and Cosquin but what I have noticed is he is eating all his pellet's not just the one's he need. My thinking is he is lacking something in the gut. I have been giving probiotics (fibreflex). Is my thinking correct, anyone know why they do this?

Thanks.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 am

I am sorry it seems his gut is out of wack. I know how hard you've tried to get him right!

No ideas but sympathy here!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:31 am

We have had several go on what my husband and I call a "turd eating frenzy" if they are upset and/or nervous for some reason.

The gut flora being messed up can contribute to this (the final droppings have some of what they need and eat the cecotropes for, just not very much) but if you are giving probiotics there may be a psychological reason, as well as physiological, for his consuming *all* of them.

Is he on any AB's at all?

Fred_and_co

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:56 am

Hi Talishan,

After the initial bleeding on Saturday - I think there may have been a trace on Sunday but cleared up, we didn't start him on Abs as we know from previous experience that he bleeds when infection isn't present. I can't remember the last time he has had Abs now maybe more than a month ago.

His urine is dilute obviously from the water he's being forced to consume.

Patrick had a better night last night after his metacam - I didn't hear him squeak at all. I remember getting so upset before it's amazing how you adapt to a situation, it's frustrating at time's but it's really not terrible, there's much worse illnesses. Obviously I would like to cure him but if I can't we'll just have to manage the problem.

Do you think it's worth doing anymore test's to rule anything else out? His usual vet isn't working this week so haven't really spoke about his progress, other than his episode with the vet we saw on Monday. I'm hoping to get another scan done but then I don't know what else we can do except what we are doing.

Anybody got any idea's? .

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:35 pm

I've no good ideas but sending best wishes.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I'm considering neutering Patrick but wished to ask the GL members there opinion. Patrick is over 4 and I don't want to jump in without thinking it though first.

I have been speaking to a couple of piggy people and both pig's intact males had the same issues as Patrick - now both these pigs where neutered and stopped squeaking.

One of the pig's when having it's bladder flushed produced a lot of sperms rod's which is why they decided to neuter. Perhaps I'm just looking for a quick fix but the longer I battle this with Patrick the more I realize this is a common problem and maybe sperm rod's are causing problems of course I am only speculating.

Any thoughts?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 pm

In case you decide to neuter him, read over the post op tips for neuters on this page:

www.guinealynx.info/.html

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:51 am

Sorry to hear that Patrick is still having problems and wanted to send my best wishes to him and you.