Crystal formation in the urine.

Fred_and_co

Post   » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:49 pm

On Saturday, P refused all food and was very poorly indeed. We visited the E-vet who could not find anything obvious but P was very weak and his weight had dropped by 100 gram's in a matter of day's. P has not eaten in twe days, i have been syringe feeding him. He is booked to go back to the vet's first thing for futher tests.

He's had very little in the form of poo's until last night when he started to produce very small pellets. He hasn't moved from his house and during his syringe feeds he has been just putting his head down and going to sleep rather than eating.

I have just got up to syringe feed P, to find him at his water bottle and he is now currently eating hay, I do worry his kidney's are maybe compromised but then again perhaps he's hugely dehydrated however something certainly seems to be going on.

Yesterday, I found he was producing a large amount of blood in his urine, his foreskin had also closed tightly over his penis, it was scabby with pieces of blood, I was able to clean him to reveal his penis, his penis didnot look unhealthy so to speak.

P - is still acting out of character, I can't believe how poorly he was, and now he's moving around his cage.

He currently weighs 775 grams, and is on Emeprid 0.15, Septrin 0.25 and bio-lapis.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 am

Sorry to hear Patrick is not well and lost quite a bit of weight. Hopefully, the vet visit will provide some answers. Are you planning to do x-rays?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:37 am

Poor guy! At least he is in your skilled hands. Hand feeding him should help give him time to recover (I hope he does). Is he on any pain medication?

Fred_and_co

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am

Patrick was Xrayed today, he has two stones in his bladder and is extremely weak, he is staying in the vets tonight, tomorrow he will be having his blood's done. If his kidney's come back still relatively good he will be having a bladder operation, if his kidney's are compromised he will be pts.

Hopefully Mr P has another miracle up his sleeve.

Lynx - he was given pain relief earlier today.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 pm

So sorry to hear Patrick is not doing well.

*fingers crossed for that miracle*

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Fingers crossed here too!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Keeping you and Patrick in my thoughts and prayers.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Thinking of Patrick and you!

Fred_and_co

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Sadly Patrick was put to sleep today, his kidney's where to badly damaged to with stand another bladder operation.

Rest well little one. Xxx

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry. You and Patrick both fought hard and others learned a lot from your struggles. May he rest in peace.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:09 pm

So sorry you lost him.

RIP Patrick

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm so sorry. :(

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:29 pm

I am so sorry, Fred_and_co.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm

So sorry you had to let Patrick go. I hope Pebbles or is it Wilma (sorry I can't remember who it was that picked him to be her friend) is doing ok.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:23 pm

I am so very sorry :-(

RIP sweet Patrick!

275 posts