Jack fell and now drags his back legs

adea

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Thank you very much Hilary and BamBam for your progress updates about Jack. I am glad to read he is getting on so well with you both and all your pigs.
Would it be possible to have some pictures of him please?

BamBam

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:11 am

A bit blurry.

BamBam

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:17 am

And the basis for his new "wheels".

BamBam

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:37 am

I am not posting any more pictures until I have worked out, once and for all why I cannot get them the right size. Grrr!!!

adea

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:41 am

Thank you BamBam. He loooks happy with the others.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:44 am

BamBam, the pictures look fine to me. So glad Jack is improving and that he has some buddies.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Awww, what a warm, fuzzy story, and just in time for Christmas!

BamBam

Post   » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:26 am

Christmas with the extended Bambam family has been of great excitement to Jack.

He is booked in for an x-ray on that right hip next Thursday so please, everyone keep your fingers crossed all is well and we can continue with his rehab program.

lilbitorange

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am

Adorable! Are you sure he's not Max's long lost brother with that orange stripe? :)

Hilary Holmes

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Well now, there's a thought...... Even if he is, he's staying here!! Bam Bam and I have custody of this precious fellow, although you're free to visit any time!

Jack is having a break here at the Holmes Health Spa. And gradually being introduced to my herd as well. He is moving better than previously, especially with his left hind leg. The right leg is still not moving as well, and is still held in a very abormal position, almost as if the hip is dislocated. We're going for an Xray in the morning, to try and determine whether some damage has occurred to that hip. Hoping and praying not, for fear the vets may be difficult about keeping a partially paralysed pig alive. Our view is that he is improving, eating and drinking, pooping and peeing and so should be given a chance, espicially given how much he has improved in a relatively short space of time.

Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow. I'll give an update when there is some news.

Crazy4me

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Postive thoughts and prayers sent; we are hoping for good news!

adea

Post   » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:26 pm

How did the x-ray go? Any news?