Hi Ho! It´s to the VET I go!

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:24 pm

DAMMIT!!
It was supposed to read:

Well, today is Buddy´s appointment with the vet. Hopefully, it will go well and won´t leave me poorer than a church mouse.
I will let you all know how the poor little guy makes out. :)
And hopefully this posts on the first try!!

*crossing fingers*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So much for crossing my fingers. STUPID FINGERS!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:52 pm

Well, at least you can post to your faulty thread. That helps. Good luck at the vet!

Laura823

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:26 pm

Good luck at the vet! :) I´m sure he´ll be fine, after he´s treated. We can´t all have Million Dollar pigs!

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:34 pm

I´m back from my trip to the vet, and with $76.59 less in my Scotiabank account. Yeesh!
Oh well, it hurts us both. Myself and Buddy, that is. :)
Oh, how he screamed when he got the injection!
But, he´s much more pleasant now that he is no longer in a cardboard box with a needle in his rear. I´ve got him out for some consolation floor time. :)
After I clean out his cage, it will be time for veggies. What a life the little guy has. :)

DEATH TO THE MITES!!!

Laura823

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:37 pm

Mine always squeal when the needle goes in. Mitzi is the worst though, you´d think she was being murdered. She SCREECHES, I swear they can hear her in the Sobey´s next door! So was Buddy a well-behaved boy or a nasty, biting squirmy monster? LOL

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:41 pm

Buddy was quite well-behaved. She was surprised.
He nibbled on her fingers as a warning of sorts, but never bit her. He´s not a biter.
But the awful sounds coming from him.... yep, it sounded like murder alright. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:10 pm

Maybe you can get the vet to do oral or topical application. Should work okay (I use topical).

mumsyof2

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:56 pm

Well the upside is that in your piggy´s eyes, you "saved" him from that mean old vet!

Becky

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:57 pm

I´m still giving Cookie SQ injections every day and I´m surprised the neighbors haven´t called the police. How can such a little, furry creature make such a loud noise!?!

Good luck to Buddy. He can nibble my fingers anytime he wants!

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:37 pm

That is true, mumsyof2....he did kind of come running to me when the vet laid him on the towel I´d brought along. *LOL* I was his saviour when I got him home, too...with a BIG bowl of spinach leaves and parsley. He was more than happy to eat.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:45 am

Max once needed three people to hold him down. But he knew who I was - even groggy from anesthesia, he went right for me whenever he had a chance. I felt horrible for having to put him through that.

Julius, I think, still holds a grudge for the ivermectin and eye meds, but he´s a very good patient, considering. He only wakes the dead for food.

Good luck to all your critters.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 4:10 pm

Yay! My avatar is working again. Thanks for pointing that out to me, Lynx.