severe mites--need Dex dose quick

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:17 pm

Aren't they pretty? They only have a couple scabs left each but still need wrapping because the mites aren't completely gone and they will scratch themselves bloody.

The most wonderful thing is the change in their level of pain. Before, they would jump and squeal if you touched them. Now they are enjoying petting and seem much calmer. Can't wait until all their hair grows in.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:22 pm

finding missing posts...

---

It still says there are only sixteen pages, but I am obviously on page 17! The bottom left page number even says I'm on page 17 of 16. It's a ghost page...

---

Chary, they are beautiful, poor things! I hope the itchiness goes away very soon.

Paisley

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:32 pm

The board is acting strange..... for 2 days I never received any notification of replies. Yesterday, I started receiving them again but out of order!

I saw that you and Chary had posted but I was never able to see your posts until I received a notification of reply.

Yes, even though I am now on page 17, the board reads only 16 pages!

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:38 pm

The board says 17 pages now.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:40 pm

Hey Pigglies! Has your sunburn gone away yet? Mine kills.

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:44 pm

My brother keeps calling me a "red neck" now because of how bright red the sunburn on my neck is LOL. Not the whole sunburn has gone away yet, my arms didn't get that bad so they don't hurt anymore. My neck still hurts... but it makes my bruised up legs feel better.

kiminca

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:26 pm

They are soooo cute! You should sent the picture to their last owner (if you can call them that) to show how well they are doing in someone else's care.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:42 pm

I'm so glad they're recovering well. Any idea what happened to the other pigs under his care? Maybe showing him how well these two recovered will get those ones proper treatment?

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:57 pm

I'm just afraid to even call him. I don't want to hear that more have died (he lost two before I got to these guys). The whole family is just useless. Total idiots who have no empathy for animals. Don't even get me started--I'll get so riled up.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:03 pm

Awesome job. Congratulations. Well done. They look great.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:43 pm

Wow! What a change!
It makes me really happy to see their curious faces, with bright eyes. Great job, Nicole.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:23 pm

And here's a photo of them now (taken yesterday):

And one of just Itchy:

And one of just Scratchy:

Aren't they the cutest?

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:25 pm

Hey post the one of scratchy using my camera!

And the one where I'm tomenting Scratchy! (Cut my face out.. I look stupid)

PauloF

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:42 pm

That's impressive. They are really beautiful pigs.

I just can't believe that their previous owners let them get into such a desperate situation with those open sores.

Now we need more pictures of these little guys.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:43 pm

You can cut your face out... I sent you the photo, not sure how much you want cut out, LOL!

Here's Itchy taking photos with CP's camera:

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:52 pm

They are so beautiful! Such an amazing recovery. Congratulations!

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:52 pm

You're kidding! THAT's the bald, bloody pig? Good God, what a difference. Good job, Chary and others.

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:56 pm

Lynx, I think it would add some punch and credibility if we had before and after pictures of those pigs on the Ivermectin pages. Their original picture and the first of the new series (the two of them side by side) would be sort of a living proof Ivermectin does work miracles.

Pigglies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:56 pm

Now we need more pictures of these little guys.
Okay, here you go:

Another cute photo of Scratchy (we were also taking Christmas photos, so that's why I had brought a colorful slinky LOL):

Another of Scratchy:

And another of them both together:

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:00 pm

I love Scratchy! He has a major head tilt. HGe can't tell he's unside down. There is one picture where he is standing on my tummy. Its the equivalence of us standing on a wall. He can't tell the room is sideways. Poor thing.

383 posts