possible urine scald

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:51 am

I have on occasion used desitin for piggies with potential diaper rash ;-). If you're reluctant to use that, maybe coco nut oil or anything that would be a barrier against wetness.

meganmarie

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:52 pm

Thank you, LS in AK. I will spot clean their kitchen everyday. It's made out of coroplast, and i do clean it with a vinegar/water solution.

And Jacqueline, I do have desitin. I have used it before, when my boar was having issues because of his penis(he was born with it being malformed). I do prefer to use coconut oil, because of it's antiseptic properties.

So, i'm puzzled. I cleaned her last night, around 5. She has not had any dribbling since, and there are no visible signs at all. I was sure i would wake up and have to clean her this morning, but she seems totally fine. WHAT! I don't know what is happening. So...it's been 19 hours and she doesn't have any visible signs of the UTI. I'm just going to give her the medication still...see how that goes...

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:22 am

Well, that is good that you did not have to clean her yesterday. Less incontinence is definitely better than more. Is she still dry today?

If the symptoms are easing up, maybe wait on the AB and get her to the vet when things calm down next week? Vet visit really is the only way to confirm an infection, determine the best course of medication, and rule out any other possible causes for her leaky bottom.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:26 am

Ditto. How is she doing today?

meganmarie

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:42 pm

She's doing fine. Running around, popcorning, being queen bee. Everyone's eating hay right now. No dripping, no pee. Her pee is a good color. Nothing.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Excellent. Carry on. (Her, too. ;-)

meganmarie

Post   » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm kind of panicking. I just found maybe a 1/2 inch size tumor on her, kind of under her right nipple(if your holding her against you, facing away.). Panicking, panicking, panicking.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Don't waste all that energy panicking. It won't help her, and just upsets you.

Mammary tumors are rarely cancerous, and as surgeries go, are pretty easily removed. They don't usually have to cut into the abdominal cavity, so the recovery time is pretty short. I'd just call around and find the best exotic vet surgeon you can locate, and make an appointment.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:19 am

Ditto bpatters. No surgery is risk-free, but this is one of the simpler ones. The lumps rarely reoccur and prognosis is usually excellent. Just do your best to find a good surgeon that has done many of them, and take good care of her postop.

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:50 pm

So, i got an emergency appointment at my vets today. She got the work-up: a check-up, a look at her urine, and x-rays. The checkup was fine, she's a good weight for her age and everything else on her looked fine. Her urine is fine, and i finish her antibiotics today. The x-rays were confusing, though. The vet said she was fine, that it wasn't a tumor. It was a thickening of her fatty tissue right there. He said he didn't even know how i felt that and could tell that it was different from the other side. So, all in all, we came home with a healthy Ginger, extra critical care, and a tired Megan. yay for healthy Ginger. Boo for her almost giving me a heart attack.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:14 pm

Glad to hear the vet visit went well and Ginger is fine. Even though you may think you were over cautious, peace of mind is really priceless.

meganmarie

Post   » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:46 am

It's happened again...and this time with blood. I turned her over, and was absolutely horrified that she had blood around her vaginal area. I panicked, called my vet. I'm waiting to hear from him now to see if he'll send bactrim down. Oh man, that was really scary to see blood on her.