possible urine scald

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 am

"Hey, well, yeah, uhm, err, here's my front end."

Your camera is still better than my phone. Steady hands of a trusted assistant are always helpful.

jacqueline

Post   » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:19 pm

"And usually I get dinner and a movie before that money shot. . .I am a lady after all. . ."

;-)

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:09 am

Oh, but Ginger-pig is a lady of dignity and self-respect. We can see that clearly in her comportment in that compelling portrait captured with just a simple camera. Fancy contraptions would only slight such a sweet expression as seen on that little face; a sweet expression that suggests no impurity, nor the slightest stain upon her immortal soul!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Also she is making up for the fact that the first photo we saw of her was somewhat ... compromising. ;-)

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:40 pm

HA-HA, you guys think you're all so funny...

: )

Poor baby girl. She's a good girl. Only 3 more days of medicine. yay!

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Hey, if we can't make fun of a little piggie va-jay-jay. . .

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Ginger say, "Icksnay on the va-jay jay."

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:57 pm

*snort* LOL!

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:26 pm

...the sludge came back. I was afraid of this happening. She's dribbling pee again, and shes losing hair above her vagina. Dammit. Now i'm starting to get scared.

jacqueline

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. What are your treatment choices?

meganmarie

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 pm

I called my vet and asked if they could do a refill for the bactrim. I got it for 3 weeks instead of 2...i don't know if i did the right thing. The bactrim before seemed to clear it up, i thought maybe she just needed to be on it longer...? I didn't talk to my vet, just the vet-tech. She wanted to put her on baytril, but i asked for the bactrim for 3 weeks.

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:25 pm

No, no Baytril. You are right to go back to the Bactrim, especially since that seemed to help last time.

Any way you can get Ginger-pig in for a urine culture before starting ABs again? If there is no infection, then prognosis and treatment will be different (ie maybe cystitis) than if there is a confirmed UTI. The culture should also tell you which AB to use if an infection is present.

You also mentioned the sludge returned... Any idea what the trigger may be? Have you fed anything new or different in the past few days?

Also, what are you using for bedding, and how often are you changing it out?

I only ask because I had a sow with recurrent UTIs/incontinence, and what finally got rid of the problem was throwing her old litter box away and getting her a new one. By then, she'd been on so many heavy ABs for so long that we'd destroyed her gut flora, and all we needed to do was get a new litter box and keep it squeaky clean. Not dose her for months on Bactrim and chloramphenicol.