Blind, deaf, and toothless baby Einstein-piggy

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:04 pm

That really sucks. I hope Einy heals quickly. Try to relax and not stress out too much.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:29 pm

I wish I could be there to comfort my little guy. I feel so bad for him. I'm sending him peachykisses and lovin from afar. I hope you can get some good advice and medicine at the vet tonight.

Remember Einy, I will still love you even if this mars your face and discolors your pristine white facial hair. XXXOOO

GP Slave
The check's in the mail....

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:07 pm

Einy's handsomness and manliness could never be marred by any thing except your poison Robyn! ;)

I wuvs my widdle Einy!

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:58 pm

Digging for straws again GP Slave?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:05 pm

Poor Einie! All I can say is it sure seems like you've been doing the right thing going with your gut and flushing the abscess. You sound like you both had a lousy day. I really hope this clears up for him. I hope one day to meet Einstein.

chii
I Love Lucy

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:15 pm

Poor, sweet Einy. :( I hope he's feeling better and done with all the unfun stuff soon.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:20 pm

If it makes any difference, Luna's abcesses in her neck responded very well to Chloremphenacol (sp?). They have essentially disappeared (I'm nervous to say they are gone) although the lump in her chest is still there.

I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't something else, though, since the abcesses in her neck have been gone for over a month now, I believe.

Kellyjo

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:25 pm

Sorry Salana I hardely ever come over here , I am sorry about Einy. Poor baby! Hope he gets better.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:04 pm

Einy went to the vet. The sensitivity culture results came back and his abscess was filled with Staphylococcus aureus, a strain that was sensitive to Baytril. So it seems like he's still on Baytril. They didn't seem to believe me that I'd been cleaning it out and putting in the gentamicin drops (now I wonder if the culture said it was sensitive to gentamicin...) because it was all scabbed over. I had to explain that, hello, it scabs over every time and he screams when I take the scab off. He obliged by screaming when they started taking the scab off.

They reopened the incision somewhat and didn't think there were any more chambers in the abscess. I'm to continue on as before.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:14 am

Tonight I confirmed the existence of the other chamber of the abscess, because it opened up and squirted out pus. I got out all the pus I could, and there was a lot of crying, but I do feel like we're making progress. I can't feel any swelling on the side of his face other than right around the incision, and maybe a little bit towards his nose. I guess there might be another chamber in there. He cries when I touch anything that's swollen with pus, which made it hard to get it all out.

How long should I keep flushing? When is it okay for him to start to heal? Every time, I have to pick off his scab to get at the incision to flush it. Is it going to start to heal from the inside out?

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:37 am

Yes, it will heal from the inside out.
Poor Einy! Are you able to get into these new chambers to flush? I know it must be miserable to have to do that to his face.

katk925
Do the Dewlap in '05

Post   » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:14 am

OHH OWWW! Poor Einy... Not advice, just hugs and love!

~kat