Drooling, not eating

Rufi

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:36 pm

Could the Chin-Sling do much harm? Isn't worth a try?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Yes, it could do harm if the jaw joint isn't in the right place to begin with. I wouldn't try it with mine.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Sorry that it wasn't a helpful suggestion.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:11 pm

The person who designed the chin sling might have some ideas for you. www.guinealynx.info/.html

Rufi

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:40 am

@SardonicSmile: Thank you for your suggestion!
@Lynx: Thanks for the link! On the page says "..for veterinary and physical therapy consultation contacts, please have your vet or animal dentist email...". I am no vet or animal dentist. Do you think I should write them?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:31 am

If it were me I'd email the 'ouridea' address myself and explain your situation. See what they say.

What you really need is an animal physiotherapist. Can you contact a veterinary university? They may be able to give you a referral. Also, police departments who use police dogs (K-9 units) will sometimes use them. If there's a police or military unit in your area that has working dogs, contact them and see if they know of an animal physiotherapist.

Rufi

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 am

I sent an email to the 'ouridea' address. Let's see what happens.
I will try to find an animal physiotherapist.

Rufi

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:43 am

I already got an answer: "It does not take long for jaw muscles to weaken due to lack of use. If weak jaw muscles are the reason for your pig's problem, the Chin-Sling could help as it is designed to rebuild jaw muscles."

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:43 pm

I think a Chin-Sling may very well help Rufi -- but his jaw has to be in the right spot first.

Sardonic, your idea is not a poor one. Rufi's jaw muscles would probably benefit from support. But i think it has to be certain that the jaw is properly aligned before using it for support and therapy.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:10 pm

If there is no proper vet that can properly diagnose the jaw, would trying a Chin-Sling be better than doing nothing?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:13 pm

That'd be a question for Pinta. I don't have a good idea on that one.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:28 pm

I would also email her with a link to this thread so she can comment on it.