Peekaboo's Medical

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:13 pm

This is so sad. That he is happy despite the weight loss is a wonderful thing.

I so wish you both were not dealing with this.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:24 am

Hoping he is with you for a long time yet. I am in similar situation with Jan, it tears at the heart strings. Do as we are doing treasure every day every moment had get in as many cuddles you can! Sending big hugs and Merry Christmas to you, Mike, Peek and fuzzie.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:10 am

Crap! That just breaks my heart. I watched it with my cat, but cancer took her before the renal failure did. Over the years I did see her lose about a pound and a half, which is a lot for a small cat, but that was over 5 or 6 years. At any rate, I was hoping it would be different for Peek. I'm guessing old age has something to do with it, too.

As you said, Lynx, I'm very glad that he seems so much happier now.

Thanks, daisymay. Back when he was diagnosed, I though I'd be lucky if he made it to Christmas. I guess I am lucky. Perhaps he'll make it to his adoption date - March 22. I will have had him a full 5 years then.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:47 pm

A happy pig is good. It's painful for you, but he doesn't know he's dying. He's still enjoying his life day to day. All my pigs lost weight as they got older.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Date of Death: January 12, 2018

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm

I am so sorry, GrannyJu1.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:06 pm

Thank you so much, Lynx.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:23 am

GrannyJu1, I am so sorry you lost Peekaboo. Take comfort he went with you and Mike with him and that he's reunited with all his friends. Plus he didn't suffer. RIP Peek, a brave piggy that was loved so much and will be missed so so much! Run free and popcorn in paradise with all your friends, Scatter, Veebee, Flossie, and Xena and the other kitty Sassy.

Sending you both big hugs and I hope in time the memories will bring a smile instead of tears. Take care dear friend! You got one more Christmas with your darling furchild!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Thank you so very much daisymay. And you're right, one more Christmas with Peek was good.