Fuzzbutt's Medical

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Emailing them now, Lynx.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Is flickr giving you grief, or the size of the picture? Should I resize before posting? How can I make this easier for you?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:51 pm

You did fine. What I did was leave some large size so you can click on the larger size. I believe the two larger ones should be large enough to comment on the "arthritis":

Large:
https://www.guinealynx.info/pics/xrays/GrannyJu1-1.jpeg

Small:

Large:
https://www.guinealynx.info/pics/xrays/GrannyJu1-2.jpeg

Small:

Cropped:

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Looks great, Lynx! Thank you so much!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:25 am

5 Days of Metacam & Reglan, with Bene-Bac Plus after Reglan ran out, 10-15 minutes of the vibration. No change in anything, except poop count is back up to what it was last summer. She's still slow to move, easily pushed around (far cry from how she was behaving several months ago). We bought some baby carrots yesterday, so instead of pieces of full size carrots, they got the baby. The carrots were so tiny I gave her 2. Every piece disappeared and no other guinea pig could get to her food, so I KNOW she ate them. A little later I gave her another tiny carrot; she shredded it and left it scattered over the fleece. Sheesh! She's stopped eating her Vit C tabs, so I'm a ittle worried there. I feed her cilantro, since she no longer eats parsley. The little rat really has me tied in knots. She's eating enough hay and/or pellets (she loves these), and the limited veggies she's allowed, to maintain her weight, though.

They're all due for annual exams in November. If I can afford it, we'll take her to Farmhouse. Have him look over these x-rays/radiographs and get a second opinion. I'm flummoxed.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:54 am

I know you are doing your best and keeping a close eye on her. She's lucky to have you in her corner!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Diagnoses: Lice - Treatment: Ivermectin, Topical, behind the ears, using 1/2cc Insulin Syringe with needle broken off.

9/12/15 1289 gm .065
9/19/15 1271 gm .065
9/26/15 1270 gm .065
10/3/15 1325 gm .065
10/10/15 1259 gm .065
10/17/15 1254 gm .065

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:45 am

"Ivomec - Injection - 1% Sterile Solution 50 mL"

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Fuzz is once again in major mess mode (but, thank heavens, still no diarrhea), poor baby. When I was cleaning the cage last Sunday, I noticed that the fleece seemed even messier than usual, so I put all 3 on lettuce only for a couple of days. Everyone but Fuzz went back to normal.

I've been giving Fuzz spinach again for some extra Vit C, and now her droppings are very wet and sticky. Today while changing the cage, I found smears on the bottoms of grids where she'd been laying. It's not runny; they are all fairly well formed, if a little long occasionally, but they do tend to stick together in a pile, and like I said, instead of rolling along, I get a smear from at least one in each pile. So back to lettuce only.

Can she stay healthy with just the KMS pellets and hay, and a cup or so of lettuce every day?

Do I just keep forcing her Metacam and Vit C in?

Another subject but kind of connected - Since she really needs at least a butt bath, and I finally got some anti-fungal shampoo to use on all of them (just in case), can I use the anti-fungal on her now, or should I wait? I have some plain ol' aloe shampoo I can give her a butt bath with, then do a full with the fungal at a later date.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:45 pm

I would look over her hair and see if you find anything that looks dandruffy. If so, I'd go for the antifungal shampoo.

Perhaps you can crush up some vitamin C and sprinkle it on wet lettuce if you are worried about her getting enough C?

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks, Lynx!

It was suggested in (I think) VeBee's thread that instead of the lice I can not seem to get rid of, I might be dealing with a fungal infection. I've not seen anything on ears; no sores on anyone; and the insane shedding seems to have cut back to a more normal level. Everyone is still scratching but I haven't seen any more of what I suspected were bugs. I'm not real sure about this vet in Longview. I'll post about Peek's re-check in a bit.

Anyway, at my wits end, I thought I'd try anything and everything. Will the shampoo hurt them in anyway if they DON'T have any skin problems? Fuzz is my Teddy, but I've seen VeBee (Abyssinian) do a fair amount of scratching also. I've read and/or been told, Teddys naturally have skin problems. Do Abbyssinians?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:11 pm

No, I do not think it will hurt them at all. You can give it a go.