Fuzzbutt's Medical

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:25 am

Have you tried poop soup? I don't know if you have or not. Get poops from healthy pig and mix with water and syringe feed her. I know it sounds yucky and I have nearly chucked when I have to do it. Hoping Fuzzie gets better real soon and you can then relax a bit!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 am

I have NOT tried poop soup. I know that should have been one of the first things I tried, but I never thought of it before administering other medicatications. It doesn't particularly gross me out. The only ones that do are Fuzz's really soft droppings. I pick up a lot of poops with my fingers these days. ;o)

After 4 days without the Bio-Sponge, the soft ones came back. So we're back on the 3 X daily for 2 weeks, then gradually taper off again.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:27 am

I put Fuzz back on the Bio-Sponge 2 days ago due to soft poops. So far, there is either no improvement or a definite worsening. Friday night someone completely smeared one of the cloth hideys - the one most likely to get smeared. This happened about 24 hours after I put her back on the Bio-Sponge for soft (but not particularly messy) poops.

My problem is figuring out if it's Fuzz or Dusty, who has been on Baytril for a day or two. I'm going to have to divide the cage so I can know for sure.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Still getting the occasional soft poops from Fuzz (yes, it is her producing them) whenever I try to take her off the Bio-Sponge. Guess she'll have to continue to get that at least once a day for the rest of her life. At least it's full of supplements and probiotics suitable for guinea pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Posting a link to your thread complaining about the cost of bio-sponge. I suggested an alternative, just pure bentonite, to see if it would help without the large price tag:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 1#p2286521

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:21 am

That is a much better deal, thank you!

As to going by ingredients, I'm much too nervous and afraid of giving her something that's not good for her. At least the Bio-Sponge is a proven product. Thanks again. Nothing else has come even close to giving her relief.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Bentonite is the primary ingredient in the bio-sponge. It is (I believe) the only ingredient in the product I link to on that post. So you would be giving the primary ingredient to see if that was all that was needed.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Fuzz still has the occasional runny butt, buy even,worse is the amount of weight she's lost, 10/12 she weighted 993 grams (Dismal weight loss!) When I weighed her today she weighed 747 grams. That could be off but not by much. I have Critical Care on order but I'd like to do something immediiatly Would it be ok to add some oatmeal to her pellets. She's 5 as of Dec 5, 2,13.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:06 pm

I'd add it, while keeping an eagle eye on her for any adverse effects.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:02 am

Thanks, bpatters.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Fuzzy is born same date as my husband! Have you tried a pellet mash? Joy was 1000 in august by December 790grams. Everytime vet said keep an eye on her. Fuzzy girls say eat your greens and become Popeye pig! Sending healing vibes your way and hoping for normal poops soon!

Keep eye on water intake as Jan became dehydrated really quickly. Maybe cut out veggies for a few days may help and add one at a time back? Just a thought. Good luck!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 am

I am keeping an eye on water intake, mostly because of memories of Peek, but also just for Fuzz's sake too. It's just so sad to see her waste away! Got some new, fresh Critical Care yesterday. Maybe that will boost her interest.