Fuzzbutt's Medical

arpitkakkar1

Post   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 am

Nice information such a useful for us thanks for sharing.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:41 am

Fuzz is doing well. The bare spot on her back (shaped like a "V") is growing back after being treated with Gentizol. It barely shows now after only a week of being treated.

The other areas are not bare - all the way around her butt and down on the belly. They simply look like the hair has been trimmed very short. Should I continue to use Gentizol on them since it doesn't appear to make a difference and I can't see any "lesions" from the fungal infection? Should I suspect ovarian cysts? The vet took x-rays in December and couldn't see any sign of cysts from those x-rays last week, just a bit of gas. Are more x-rays in order? I'd post a copy of what was taken in December, but I guess I failed to ask for them. I'll try to get copies and get them posted here.

Fuzz has had many x-rays in her 4 years. Does this have an effect on her?

Ideas and suggestions are very welcome.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:10 pm

A V-shaped hair loss on the back is the classic sign of mites.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Ditto. I think you had said you'd treated for mites too, no? Maybe this is what is working.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am

Yep, Revolution at last vet visit. Doesn't appear to be solving the "short hair" issue, though.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:13 am

Poor Fuzz seems to be getting worse and worse with the fungal infection. It has spread to her eye, and the other areas don't seem to be growing back as I thought they were/should be. Small bare spots keep appearing here and there. Yesterday I noticed that her left hind foot looked almost bloody, but was probably just her pink skin showing through since I couldn't find any source for blood.

The other two pigs are almost completely clear except for the areas on their ears and behind the ears, and those are improving.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 am

Maybe Fuzz's problem isn't fungal. I'd try a triple-antibiotic cream and see if that works.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 pm

I am sorry it is getting worse. Sounds like it might be really itchy. I wonder if (besides a treatment - see if the triple antibiotic cream bpatters recommends works) some antihistamines might help.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:16 am

Hoping little Fuzzy is feeling better real soon. Hoping the other girls don't get it. You're such a good piggy slave. Cuddle for Fuzzy from us.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

I was pretty sure that when medicating the area around Fuzz's left eye, I, at least once, poked her with the q-tip before I finally gave up and applied the Gentizol with the tip of my finger. Even then, she struggled so much I might have touched her eye again. Vet confirmed it when she found some mucus (slightly bloody?) in that eye. Vet gave me Oph Bnpoo ointment to apply twice a day. Vet shaved the area around Fuzz's eye so I could see where to apply the Gentizol. Fuzz has a slightly red scabby area below where I have been applying Gentizol. That is where the medication needs to get to, inside the hairline where I couldn't see it. This may make Fuzz a little happier since it will mean I don't have to get quite so close to her eye.

Vet says Fuzz behaved very well while they shaved her. Must mean she has my number and isn't afraid to use it.

The rest of the areas on her body seem to growing back, although very slowly. Maybe I'm not getting the edges of the infection as I should be.

Now, if only she will quit struggling while I put the eye ointment in.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:34 pm

That the rest of her body seems to be healing is great! Good luck getting that pesky eye cleared up!

p.s. what is "Oph Bnpoo ointment"?

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am

Hahaha! I decided to actually look at the tube instead of just the bottle - it's Vetropolycin. I have no idea why the bottle said "Oph Bnpoo".