Niko 2 1/2 yr old sow blood in urine

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 pm

Good luck to you and to her. I'll be very interested to hear what they say the mass was.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:47 pm

Keep us posted.

The first 36-48 hours are the most difficult. We're here to help, just post if you need us.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Here is your pic, hbee.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:31 am

What a pretty little pig.

How's she doing now, hbee?

hbee

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Niko has been through a lot - she was doing great her incision healed beautifully and she was gaining some weight. But then she started to have blood in her urine again and the terrible screeching sound when she had to urinate or have a bowel movement was back. So back to the vet we went. After an xray and ultrasound and the vet observing her all day she told me Niko had some very small bladder calcifications like the size of a mustard seed and a UTI as well. So we got to try a different antibiotic and for the last 2-3 days she has really gotten a lot better. But then last night after giving her antibiotic I was putting her back in her cage and she lept from my hands! And now she is wiggling around while she walks and looking side to side and almost running into things! I checked her over and cannot find any broken bones, she seems to have the use of all of her paws and legs, but is staying low to the ground when she walks. I checked her eyes and they seem to be reacting normally - any idea what this could be? I get vertigo and I know that has to do with inner ear vestibular problems, could she have knocked something around in her head should I be concerned about a concussion?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:37 pm

How far did she fall? She's not likely to have a concussion unless she fell fairly far onto a hard surface.

hbee

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Maybe 2 feet, and she landed on the fleece covered coroplast

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 pm

I am guessing the fall did not do any permanent damage. Hoping she continues to improve.

hbee

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:06 am

Niko is still walking around like a drunk little guinea pig. Sometimes she will move her head around in circles when I am trying to feed her lettuce and it's like she can't navigate her cage. Sometimes she just stumbles and falls to the side when she's walking. Going to the vet tomorrow morning :'(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Still hoping this somehow resolves! Let us know what the vet thinks.

hbee

Post   » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:26 pm

Niko's vet visit went better than expected. She was thoroughly examined and observed for any breaks or spinal cord damage and was given the diagnosis of head trauma/possible spinal cord injury. He said he has seen guinea pigs do this before and they just need anti-inflammatory to keep the swelling down while they recover. Niko today seems almost completely normal. She is drinking and eating her hay, pellets and veggies. She is wheeking when I open the fridge and rustle plastic bags and is up and about and pretty steady walking as well. I am so glad she is okay! She's been through the wringer!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 pm

Do post updates! I hope she makes a full recovery.