Nutmegs thread medical

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Monitor it for any change. If you notice a change (larger, softer, harder, gets hot, she acts like it bothers her), see a cavy-knowledgeable vet.

Otherwise, ditto Lynx imo -- have a good vet look at it if/when you take her in for a well check or some other problem.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:47 pm

This is not medical but i already have a thread here in medical for nutmeg as this post is pertaining to her anddont want to post in another tab under cavy chat.

I notoced lately that nutmeg who used to be my biggest vuddler just will not put up with cuddling anymore. Shell let me handle her for a minute max and wants to go back home. She eats normal no sogns of sickness drinks well. Could it just be that she likes to be little miss independent now? And doesnt really need her mommy for cuddles and lap time anymore?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:49 pm

Check her for tenderness anywhere. Only thing I can think of would be pain if there is a medical cause.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:55 pm

@lynx i checked for tendernesa everywhere no sign of discomfort or in pain. Im guessing its just shes not needing me anymore and is wanting to be little miss independent. Shell pancake lay on me for a minute and shes over it after that amd wants to roam her c&c cage and popcorn and cuddle with her sister

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:47 am

Nutmeg was being put away by pigdad and she fell from a distance and landed in her back and tried moving around to flip back over she immediately started to walk just fine and started eating. Bpatters response was to continue to monitor her and if she stops pooping peeing eating and or walking to take her to the vet.

Any other advice?

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:48 am

Phantomhorse was a huge help I've separated her for the next 2 hours while I sleep to monitor her poops and to see if there is any blood in her pee. She does not have any chips in her teeth thank you so much Phantomhorse for the advice

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Phantomhorse?

I hope she is none the worse for the fall. I understand how worried you were.

Riahrae

Post   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Yes @phantomhorse gl user

She's OK her poops are normal pooping amounts and no blood in urine woke up to find her wheeking her lungs off for food and up on her hind legs

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:39 am

I'm glad she's ok. :o)

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:59 pm

@grannyju1 I'm glad as well. How are your babies

Phantomhorse

Post   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 am

Me?

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm down to two, now, Riahrae. Peek is with me for a while longer.

92 posts