Nutmegs thread medical

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 pm

@bpatters please look at the previous picture of her just above this new one. Do you se improvement?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Coconut oil has mild antifungal properties, but I don't think it'll work for an infection that's really set in.

How often are you applying the micatin?

It takes a while to get a fungus under control. And you should continue to use it even after it starts to improve. Keep on with it until the area looks all healed.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:20 pm

@bpatters do you see improvement a little from the previous picture or is it just my high hopes?

I've been using it every day 2x a day ad now as with acorn what helped her s mixing it up missing a day and treating it the next missing two days then treatig it. Then treating it 3 times and so on and so forth. It worked really well for acorn when we I'd that. Saw improvement with in a week after have treating her 2x a day.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Also bpatters can you see if the coconut oil will for chestnuts ear?

Any and all of your advice is greatly appreciated

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:25 pm

I can't really tell whether it looks better or not. Maybe.

But I wouldn't skip doses of the medicine. Medicines are most effective when they're maintained at a steady level. If you don't think the Micatin is working, switch to Monistat or Lotrimin -- they're slightly different antifungal preparations, and may be more effective.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:26 pm

It does look like some of the hair is growing back.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:29 pm

@ lynx I sure hope so, her is what caught my attention so quickly when I went to treat her today and noticed it wasn't as droopy as the previous picture. So she doesn't look as bad.

Riahrae

Post   » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 pm

@bpatters ok thank you

As for chestnuts ear no on the coconut oil?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:41 am

It looks better to me. Keep going, be consistent in treatment and be patient.

I would not use anything on Chestnut's ear right now other than an antifungal cream. Keep using it until the problem is completely gone, and then for a few days afterward.

Fungal creams use a carrier base that should help soothe her ear and address dryness. You can use coconut oil on her ear later for dry skin, but if it were me, for right now I'd use only the antifungal cream until the fungus is completely gone. I wouldn't mix the two.

Riahrae

Post   » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:00 pm

@talishan thank you. I was hoping someone would see the improvement

I though it was just me and my wishful hoping

OK will do might try monistat one this bottle is done if there's no improvement on chestnut ear

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 am

Keep us posted and be patient. Fungal can take a while to resolve.

Riahrae

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Update on chestnuts ear looking a bit better isn't so flaky on the outside and inside. She does scratch at it but only when I put the medication on it. I'm keeping an eye on the scratching though.

Nutmegs eye is the same as the recent picture treating 2x daily no skipping medications. Hoping it continues to clear up.

I know it takes a while and I wouldn't be so concerned and anxious for it to go away if it wasn't on her eye.