Hard lump under chin, soft poop as well?

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm

I'll let you know how it goes. I counted the times she sneezed for the vet, from 1:12pm-3:42pm, and it was 19 times.. I know that's definitely not normal, so I think it will help the vet out to tell her that.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Rosie will be taking baytril and reglan for a few weeks, and we won't treat Jj unless she shows URI symptoms. They also put fluids under her skin to help with hydration.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Sounds like a plan.

Be sure to weigh her daily and hand-feed if she stops eating. Also give a probiotic or poop soup 90-120 minutes after each dose of antibiotic.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:27 pm

Does the poop soup give extra nutrients? I've looked up what it is but I don't know how it helps.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:33 pm

They normally eat their cecal poops, which helps with nutrition and to keep their digestive tract bacteria in balance. Antibiotics destroy that balance, so poop from a healthy pig is a big help in restablishing it.

Cecal poops from another pig are best, but those are very hard to come by, as the "donor" pig eats all of them him/herself. However, fresh fecal poops will do.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:06 pm

And how much water should I add in? Is it just one piece of poop? And is there a specific amount of poop soup, or just fill the syringe with all the mixture?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:12 pm

I'd use 3-4 pieces of poop, mash it up with a fork in some water, and add something as flavoring -- fruit, critical care, veggie juice, whatever.

It's not an exact science. so whatever you can get in will be good.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Thank you! I'll be giving it to her in about 30 minutes

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:18 pm

This might help too:

www.guinealynx.info/.html

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Ditto to all. Please keep us posted. Best to her.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:54 pm

She's already acting so much better! Her appetite is up, she isn't sneezing as much, and she's not lethargic anymore. I'm so happy she's feeling better :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 pm

That is great news!