Hard lump under chin, soft poop as well?

Gracemackenz

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:34 am

Never mind. There's a lot of mounting coming from nickel. I know it's a dominance behavior, but do you think she could be in the "heat"?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:28 pm

No, I don't. Since you just put them together, it's much more likely to be dominance behavior.

If there's not all out war, just chill out and let them work it out.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Ditto bpatters. They'll continue to skirmish a bit here and there until it's all worked out.

As long as there's no teeth going for eyes, rolling balls of fur and teeth, or blood, let them settle it out themselves.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:09 pm

So it's been a little less than a month (18 days?) since I introduced nickel and penny to shammy, and the mounting is still going on. Is it normal for it to take this long to work it out?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:40 pm

So long as they are both able to eat and you have a large cage that is set up with escape locations, there may be mounting for some time (from what I understand). I have never had boars.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:10 pm

That kind of behavior can go on for years. As long as you don't have rolling, biting balls of fur, all is good.

Anjali

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:15 pm

I want to post about something but I can't figure out how... I'm new here. How do I star a new post instead of just replying?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:49 pm

You figured it out.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Seems like forever since I've been on here! Nickel, penny, and shammy all have nits and a few lice in their fur (I've only seen live ones in nickel, nits in the rest). What should I do about the fleece bedding? Do I just wash it in hot water and it'll be fine? Do I buy new fleece? Also, how do they get lice?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:22 pm

Just wash the fleece in hot water. You'll have to treat the lice with either ivermectin or Revolution.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Is it alright to feed my pigs (theyre all over 6 months) oxbow's young guinea pig food? A friend of mine gave me a bag of it after her foster pig got adopted... if not I can buy a bag of adult pellets, I just feel bad wasting food :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:59 pm

If you use the food, watch the bedding for powdery white calcium deposits. If you see them, switch to the timothy based product.