Hard lump under chin, soft poop as well?

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:29 pm

I have fleece and love it. It is much more cost effective than bedding; you buy the fleece and materials you use underneath once. It pays for itself quickly.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:30 pm

Thanks! That was one of my arguments. My mom just doesn't want to wash it and change it every week, which you do with bedding anyways.

I put them on a fleece blanket just to see how they would react, and they popcorned for about ten minutes; it was adorable. Hopefully my mom notices how happy they are with it!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:41 pm

When you wash it, shake it well and pick off all the droppings and hay bits.

Hay reduces the life of the washer. The more you get off first, the happier your mom will be. ;-)

Gracemackenz

Post   » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I am planning to make the loft use bedding instead of fleece, so hopefully my mom will be a happy camper haha

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:19 pm

This sounds like a wonderful setup. :-) Kudos to you for building it out for them.

We'd love to see pics when it's done!

Gracemackenz

Post   » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:20 pm

I'll send pictures when I'm done building it! I've decided to make it 5x2, because we are looking for another piggie at adoption centers; I'm so exited!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Excellent. You're doing everything right, carry on!

If you get another piggie, make ABSOLUTELY UNCONDITIONALLY SURE she is a female!!

http://www.crittercorral.org/

Gracemackenz

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:43 pm

What if they don't like each other after introductions? I don't have room for another cage.. If I get another one, I really hope they like each other

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:21 pm

Contact Critter Corral. Many rescuers (not all, but many) allow for play dates or meet-and-greet sessions. You can bring Rosie and JJ, and see which ones work well with them before taking anyone home.

I don't know if Critter Corral does this or not, but it's definitely worth asking.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:44 pm

I never even thought of that! I will definitely bring them in and see who works the best. There was a pig at the Catnap from the Heart that I was interested in, her name is Amy.

I would adopt from Critter Corral (that was the first place I looked at), but the young females would prefer to be in pairs, and I only have room for one more. I'm going to ask the shelter where Amy is if I can bring them in, and possibly come home with her!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Talk to Critter Corral. All that "adopt only in pairs" means is that they won't let you take home one pig that's going to be alone at your house. But if you've already got one pig, and are trying to adopt a buddy, they'll adopt to you.

Gracemackenz

Post   » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Ok, that broadens my search a bit. There are some Guinea pigs that picture a pair, and would prefer to be adopted together since they are very bonded. I'll continue to search and look into the critter corral again!