Broken leg?

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:26 pm

I ordered Benebac from Amazon, should be there in a few days. We just got Acidophilus from Walmart (the vegan one). This should help too right? And we'll use poop soup too. How do you make the poop soup? a few poops and water?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Yes, a poop or some crushed in some water and syringed. The special stinky cecal poops are the best.

www.guinealynx.info/.html

Here is your pic:

Heart issues and the lymph system can be involved with foot sores.

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping after the antibiotics and metacam she starts feeling better. It's been a rough week. We'll try the poop soup.

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:16 pm

Her dosage of Baytril is .8ml q24h - 11mg/ml

Does this sound like the correct dosage? I'm reading on the Antibiotics page but I'm confused.

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:26 pm

We got Acidophilus caplets. How much of 1 caplet should I sprinkle on top of wet veggies?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 pm

Did you read the page on probiotics? It is an inexact thing. Get the weight of your guinea pig and calculate the dosage here:

www.guinealynx.info/_dose.html

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 pm

We sprinkled some of a caplet on top of her veggies and she ate it no problem. She's eating hay as she usually does so hopefully, Baytril paired with this probiotic will be fine until Benebac gets here. Fingers crossed. The antibiotic is only once a day so that makes me feel a little bit better. I'm so scared of Baytril, a lot of posts here and there of piggies going on Stasis.

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:36 pm

And yes, thanks @Lynx I read every post on Guinea Lynx about antibiotics, probiotics, bumblefoot, arthritis, etc. We tried to cover all bases. Like I said, hopefully, only one dose of Baytril a day paired with probiotics won't affect her much. Fingers crossed.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:38 pm

One thing I've found that helps pigs cope with Baytril is to always give it with food. They seem to do better with it than they do if they take it on an empty stomach.

Nannub

Post   » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:41 pm

@bpatters Awesome! We gave her veggies and pellets before and after the antibiotics. Same for the Metacam. We didn't know if this would make a difference but we based it on how humans react to medication on an empty stomach. So thanks for the info! It helps a lot!!!!

Nannub

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:31 pm

Today will be Victoria's second day on Baytril. She took her first dose last night and we gave her an OTC probiotic an hour and half after the AB. Her appetite is still the same. She got excited over pellets and her veggies and ate everything. So we're hoping that she gets better soon.

Nannub

Post   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:11 pm

Victoria's appetite has decreased. She still eats some hay and veggies but barely touched her pellets and we're concerned about this. We'll make pellet slurry and force feed her.