Any suggestions?!?

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:01 pm

Really?
You´d actually do that?
Around here, aside from locating someone in the Goulds who might know something about this, there are not a whole lot of stables. Most of them are out around the bay. I´ll take a look around and see if there´s anywhere nearby that might be able to help. I wouldn´t want to inconvenience you, Evangeline.

leebee

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:03 pm

You know, I almost always forget about the duties and taxes etc. They really make it expensive to get anything shipped to you. Sorry about that, Dobby.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:07 pm

No problem.
If Evangeline mails me a tube, it´ll probably be just as expensive. She´ll probably send me a bill with $25 EST(Evangeline Sales Tax), in addition to the HST and postage. :)

Laura823

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:21 pm

LOL Dobby...EST! Maybe I´ll get her to send me some, too. She could start her own cavy-supply business. I may need it when I get to adopting that third pig I´m yearning for...for the time being, though, I´m finished with Ivermectin. Thank goodness.
Last edited by Laura823 on Wed Apr 24, 2002 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:05 pm

Evangeline´s a reliable mailer. She´d be sure to get you the best kind.

But you should see if you have any farm stores around. It may be available but you just don´t know where to look.

Frances

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:30 pm

I have a female gp who is now loosing hair (hair is getting thinner) on each of her sides by her hips. Back in January when I first took her to the vet she got a skin scape behind her ears but the test came back negative. I took her in then for some skin condition on her nipples (she has had at least two pregnancies - I am unsure of her age because she was abandonded) - which the vet said there is nothing wrong. She is not scatching and is still eating well. I was reading that the skin scape is not that reliable and I have been reading about various possibilites that could cause this kind of condition.
I am taking her to a new vet, but I was wondering if anyone has Any suggestions?
It is challenging to find a good vet.

pinta

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:34 pm

My guess would be hormonal problems. Do a search on ovarian cysts.

Frances

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:41 pm

I have been worried that it could be a good possibilitity. She lives with two of her daugters and they are fine - so I am thinking it is not a ´pest´ problem.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:08 am

Especially read this thread. I agree it sounds like it could be ovarian cysts. You need a really good vet if you end up doing surgery. Snowflake is now thickly haired and behaving better. It´s a very long post (several pages) but I think you may find it helpful.

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/threa ... 85838a42e1

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:32 am

Dobby-
Just let me know.

Frances

Post   » Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:08 pm

Thank you very much for attaching the thread site. I am still reading through it - but I am finding it so helpful!