young pigs passing away

Traudl64

Post   » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 pm

We are eating Doxycyline now

Traudl64

Post   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 am

Doxycyline is great. 7 pigs are better. 2 are like Monday. we will visit the vet tomorow. Perhaps we will hear something from the necropsy tomorow.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

That is very encouraging!

Traudl64

Post   » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

We had heared from the necropsy. we have a lot of questions, no answer. So we are hoping, Doxycycline will work as well, as it did .

Traudl64

Post   » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Do you use Doxycycline Monohydrat or Doxycyclinhyclat?
7 pigs are better again, but I' Think I will lose the other2

Traudl64

Post   » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:24 am

I'm sorry. My pigs and I had not a good Time tougether- and I told you not, what was happening. But now 8 are still alive, all pig are looking like old pigs.
We have sent the next dead pig to the University of Munich. The found Klebsilla pneumonia and that the pig had a sepsis. They didn't know, what was happening at the beginning. Doxycycline was right and we have eaten it for 3 mounth. one Month I had to do handfeeding 8 pigs. I had a discopathie. I had enough time to do it.
Thank you so mutch- you are very kind

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:08 am

Thank you for the update. I am glad you got a diagnosis. I hope the guinea pigs that made it improve more. I would consider that perhaps in their weakened state while being treated, they may have developed parasites. Perhaps your vet could check them for parasites like mites.

Traudl64

Post   » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 am

Thank you.
My exotic vet has looked for parasites, he didn'd found any.
he told me: A Sepsis hurts the hole body and perhaps some of it will stay.
He has seen the pigs last month. he said he have to be glad,for the reason, I have lost only 4 pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Parasites can not always be identified. Read over this page in its entirety and see if anything applies.
mites.html

Traudl64

Post   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 am

update
i have lost 3 pigs since my last post. all died like old pigs. My exotic vet told me, I have not to adopt first a baby or very old pig. on ths reason I have adopted a 1 year old girl. she is staying healthy. one mounth later I adopten 2 one year old girls and all pigs are staying healthy. Now my vet told me , it is no risk to adopt old and young pigs. I am very glad

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:39 pm

I am sorry for your losses. I hope your new guinea pigs bring you much joy and stay healthy!

Traudl64

Post   » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:38 am

Thank you. The new pigs are running and popcorning. My old pigs are sleeping a lot. I am glad to see them all. I know, my old pigs will go in the next years. on this reason i am glad to see them staying alive now.