My dog got hold of my guinea pig

Post   » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:34 pm

My guinea pig was in his cage and I was in the living room I heard something weird in my room I went to go look and to find my dog in my Guinea pigs cage I threw my dog in the backyard and ran to go check on my guinea pig I got him a carrot because he loves carrots and he didn't want to eat it I I rubbed him gently and I noticed his hair came out so he has to bald spots and he was laying weird but he walks fine and another thing I noticed wa that he was bleeding above his eye I don't know what to do and I don't want to mess with him because it will stress him out someone please answer I need help I don't want to take him to a vet because I don't know if I can afford that. Help me please I'm scared.😩😪😭😭😭😭😭

JX4

Post   » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Good luck with your piggy's eye! My pig Twilight had a hay poke. Look for "Twilights Medical Thread" with NO apostrophe on Twilights with JX4 as the author. There are pics and chronicles his healing and recovery. It may help give you hope.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:25 pm

You need a vet fund. If you can't afford a vet, you can't afford a guinea pig. Good medical care is as much a part of responsible pet ownership as food and housing. It's not fair to a helpless animal to have it as a pet and not provide the vet care it needs. It depends totally on you for absolutely everything in its life, and you need to figure out how to provide that.

Your pig needs a vet, now. See if you can borrow the money from someone for that. And then work out a plan to pay them back and put money aside for future vet visits. The question is never "Will my pig need to see a vet?" It's "WHEN will my pig need to see a vet?" Because almost all of them do.

Can you mow yards? Baby sit? Do chores for the neighbors?

And get a lid for the cage. Closet shelving makes an awesome lid.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:42 pm

I've moved your question and gave you your own thread.

This does sound serious, and I hope you can arrange for your guinea pig to see a veterinarian soon.

JX4

Post   » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Not sure why my reply above appeared in this thread. I think it's meant for a different one. Sorry!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Taking a guess here:

http://www.guinealynx.info/records/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=242

Bites often abscess. Vet. Now.

Many vets offer low (or no) cost credit plans specifically for veterinary emergencies. You are responsible for his care and his life; he cannot help himself. He is a living being. Please don't let him down.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1