Accidentally Pregnant Guinea Pig

Caroline12

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 am

I got a male guinea pig named Nugget from my moms friend and later got another male named Boo from a petstore. Nugget seemed to be gaining weight and I could see and feel babies moving inside of them. We took Nugget to the vet and found out hes a she and is pregnant with 4 pups. We separated Boo and Nugget last week. We are feeding her alfalfa and timothy hay everyday as well as fresh fruits or vegetables. She seems to be lying down a lot with her legs separated. I will attach pictures as soon as I figure how to. I would appreciate tips for labor, birth, and caring for the pups. And baby names would be nice. Thank you!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Read everything in the reproductive area and have a vet lined up in case there are complications. Be sure to pup-proof your cage so the baby guinea pigs cannot slip through the bars.
www.guinealynx.info/reproduction.html

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Don't stress too much. There are exceptions, of course, and you should be ready for them (so do the reading above!), but basically your mama will know what to do and will do it amazingly well. Instinct is an awesome thing!

3 posts • Page 1 of 1