barbells

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:26 pm

So, how do you bake the clay onto a C&C cage? That won't fit in my oven LOL.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:12 pm

No, I made a miniature C&C cage out of Granitex and FIMO. I also made 4 pigs to put inside it, and I made wood shavings, hay, a water bottle, and a dish of pellets.

The grids and shavings took the longest... I'd say about six hours for the cage and extras, then I made the pigs afterwards. It was worth it to see the look on Dan's face when I handed it to him.

You can see photos of my first effort here. https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... +blur+fimo

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:23 pm

That is too cute! I don't think I'd have the patience to ever make that. I've never done a 6 hour long project. But both the teddy bears and the harmonica quartet I've made took like forever.

http://www.geocities.com/poetic_pets/phoebefund.html

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:30 pm

The teddy bears are adorable!

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:36 pm

Thanks, I've also made a neat little Halloween set that sold minutes after it got out of the oven since my mom bought it LOL. So I'll have to get a photo of it and put that up on my website as well.

I think my favorite things to make out of clay are teddy bears, harmonica players, singers, dogs, and rabbits. I can't seem to make guinea pigs that look that great yet.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:38 pm

Hey guys, please keep this stuff off the emergency board. Why not go to the other thread or start a new one in general chat and leave this one to medical problems.

It used to bother Pinta because she only had time to scan for problems so non-related posts were a real headache. I'm still hoping she will have time to post in the fall/winter.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:59 pm

Someone have pity on my poor math skills.

I have 34 pigs to dose with Baytril and have calculated all their individual doses according to a 50 mg/ml concentration.

Now I have Baytril tablets that are 22.7 mg and I'd like to get the same concentration.

By my calculations, if I put 2 of these tablets in .09ml of water, I will get the 50 mg/ml concentration and can carry on as usual. Is this correct?

Forgive what may seem like a silly question but I failed every math course since the 8th grade and don't trust my abilities in that area.

PauloF

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:19 pm

It's not a silly question when you are dosing medication, and your figure is wrong, to get the correct concentration you need 10 times more water.

You need two 22.7mg tablets (that corresponds to 44.4mg) and 0.9 ml of water to get 50.44 mg/ml concentration, which I consider adequate.

Just be careful with the decimal point when you make yous calculations, and never skip the "0" to the left of the decimal point.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:21 pm

I get 0.9, but the pill is going to have filler. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be able to dissolve 2 pills into 0.91 mL of water...

Charybdis

Thank you so much! I'm glad that I waited.

Pigglies

I thought it would be 0.9 mL of water then?

Here's my reasoning (I haven't done math since June, but I did get an A):

50mg = 45.4mg
------ --------
1mL x

So x equals 0.9

(I can't make math on the computer look right)
Last edited by Pigglies on Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Hi, Paulo, you were faster!