barbells

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:37 am

Yes, that comment was directed at zmom.

It might interest people to know that there are still 5 dumpster pigs with no lumps whatsoever.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:47 am

Need to clarify something else before I finally fall into bed.

Someone wrote me offering to fund operations for the 2 affected pigs if it would save their lives.

I want to make it clear that there will be no medical solution if these two pigs are determined to be carriers of S. zoo or another similar pathogen.

Unless we could find someone to keep these pigs in a bubble for the rest of their lives, away from other animals and children (immediately)...but that's just not realistic.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:46 am

Didn't Zoe's pig come through this? Didn't she have a number of pigs? Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought just being a carrier was not necessarily life threatening or threatening to other pigs.

Charybdis

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:50 pm

It only is if it's airborne.

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Sep 07, 2003 10:54 pm

Isn't is kind ofiIronic that Kim, of all people, would report lies being posted? I don't go to CG, but someone updates me with all of Kim's great adventures from time to time. Great roll-your-eyes material.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:01 am

So I've heard from Holly.

Pigglies

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:00 pm

I sure hope we get back good results from the lab tests today (or tomorrow). Will be hoping for good results.

Paisley

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:08 am

Charybdis,
Have you received any results yet?

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:41 pm

No word.

However, Pigglies and her family raised $340 for the pigs at the swap meet.

Paisley

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:48 pm

That's great! That will certainly be very helpful.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:14 pm

What is that about a swap meet? Great news about the funds.

Caroline

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:30 pm

The only thing I can offer is my best wishes to you Chary and to all of the piggies in your care.
You are doing a great job, my hat is off to you.

You're in my thoughts!

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:42 pm

Thanks Caroline. So far, we still have no more lumps. The fungus on the dumpster pigs is clearing up too.

Snowflakey, it baffles me too. Pigglies collected a bunch of volunteer items and sold them at her local swap meet to benefit the rescue.

She also made some darling clay figurines and put them on EBay, and that's how she raised the money to get an x ray for her foster piggy, Phoebe.

So we have elected her to be our Marketing Director. She's also on our board of directors. Not bad for someone fresh out of high school. We luv ya, Pigglies!

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:43 pm

Yep, tons of fun (and sunburn) at the swap meet. We sold computer stuff, clothes, games, polymer clay collectibles, just about anything we could gather to sell.

You can see some of the clay things on the website I made for them:

http://www.geocities.com/poetic_pets/phoebefund.html

Not many of them sold at the swap meet, but a few did. And lots of the computer stuff sold.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:45 pm

Not to mention the director of the ASPCA wrote us to commend her on her photography.

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:50 pm

If only I could drive... then I'd be perfect (just kidding).

Oh yeah, and you can get the great photography (and my terrible drawings) on a thong now. LOL And a lot of other things as well.

http://www.cafeshops.com/phoebefund

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:51 pm

Pigglies, I can donate some FIMO figurines if that would help. My best pieces are penguins and mice.

If I get some time I can donate a miniature C&C cage if that would help, like the one I posted about earlier.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:57 pm

HAHA! Nice th*ng with Malcolm on it! Did you sell that at the swap meet?

Now here is the stupid question, is FIMO clay the stuff that used to be called Sculpey? I made a bunch of Sculpey Pokemon figurines with my kids a few years ago (pretty funky looking.... ).

Great job Pigglies!

Pigglies

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:01 pm

No, Sculpey is a different brand. I use Sculpey because it's cheaper than Fimo usually. I've also tried Fimo before, I like it too.

No, we did sell any th*ngs at the swap meet because they aren't printed until someone buys them.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:03 pm

Sculpey and FIMO are different. They're both coloured clays that bake in the oven, but Sculpey is much softer and more pliable to work with. FIMO is more temperamental but tends to stay where you put it and not bend.

I used Granitex for the grids on my C&C cage which is why they bent. I tried it again with FIMO and they stayed straight.

358 posts