What to do to comfort a sick and dying piggy.

HeartfeltSqueek

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 am

I have a five year old female guinea pig who is in her later stages of bloat I think. I took her to the vet today she had suddenly stopped eating and drinking.. They gave her subcutaneous fluids , painkillers, and a motility drug for her bloat. On the way back home she threw up ( guinea pigs can't normally do this so i knew something was incredibly wrong) The vet out of the kindness of her heart trimmed her teeth for free( she mentioned they were in bad shape and her tounge was swollen and possible the reason she can't swallow) and told me to go home and let her rest for a little while sending me home with antibiotics for the impending uri from aspirating.I was told not to feed her till a couple hours later to let her rest. And if she doesn't eat then try again in the morning. I was told if she makes it to the morning but still doesn't eat it's time to put her down which I will do. Currently nothing is open now and it looks like making it to morning may not happen for her. I want to know what I can do to make her as comfortable as possible so she is at least okay in her last possible hours.

HeartfeltSqueek

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:50 am

She has passed away .

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 am

I'm so sorry you lost her.

HeartfeltSqueek

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:25 am

Thank you..it was quick and swift she didn't suffer to much..Im just sad to see her gone.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 am

I am so sorry you lost her, HeartfeltSqueek.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:24 am

I'm very sorry you lost her. Rest in peace, little one. You are loved and missed.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:39 pm

I am so sorry.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:46 pm

I am sorry that you lost her. May she RIP little one. No more pain, in perfect health and forever young. Run free and popcorn in paradise. She knew she was loved and she loved you. I'm sure her last few hours were pleasant ones as they were spent with you. Sending big hugs.

JX4

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:05 pm

So sorry you lost her. It hurts to know they are hurting, but it also hurts when they leave us. Sending hugs.

HeartfeltSqueek

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Thank you for all your well wishes and comforting words. They really help. I miss her terribly right now it's hard to see an empty part of my room now but I know she's not in any more pain. Thank you.

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your girl.