Help Please!!!

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:17 am

What are other sides I should be looking out for related to your rent or ovarian infection so I cancers? If the urine culture comes back negative for UTI, what are your suggestions? We didn’t see any tumors on the x-ray as far as her private parts are concerned, but that doesn’t mean that something is not going on in there. I am giving her Baytril which hopefully is a universal drug to cure there is infections. Thank you for your help. I am very proud of myself for being able to clear her lungs, the vet was extremely impressed because he had no faith in that

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:25 am

A UTI is the most likely (since an xray showed no stones) and Bactrim (trimethoprim sulfa methoxizole) is generally the drug of choice.
www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

Since you were smelling a foul odor, it is highly likely there is an infection.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you for your response. A lot of blood is coming out this morning, she squealing every time she pees and there’s blood coming out of single time. I have some leftover Pain killers from the respiratory which I gave her but he didn’t seem that it’s helping. I am waiting on the results from the urine analysis. For some reason my vet does not want to give me Bactrim and says that the Baytril is better but I will call today and insist to maybe switch antibiotics. Is there anything else that I can do to relieve her pain?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 am

What pain killer are you giving? Meloxicam? I would describe all these signs of pain and ask your vet what the maximum amount of a pain killer you can give.

The squealing while peeing is almost always a stone. I am surprised the vet did not find one on the xray.

I am so sorry your guinea pig is sick and in pain.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:17 am

So, the vet just called and said that the urine is absolutely clear from infection. And, he positively did not find any stones in the bladder. I wonder what is going on. He thinks it is uterine cancer. But will that actually cause her to have pain? He thinks so. I am not convinced. Now, I will collect blood so that he can test that for an uterine infection. Also, I am giving meloxicam .3 ml / day. What do you think I should do next? He told me to stop the baytril since there is no UTI present. In your experience does uterine cancer cause pain in the pigs?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 am

Uterine cancer can absolutely cause pain.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:56 am

Thank you. Are there any other diagnostics that can be run to see if it is affirmatively uterine cancer? I just saw the vet in person and hear shored me that the urine it’s self is absolutely clear and no trace of anything, any bacteria, etc. And he assured me again that there is no stones. I will collect now blood and he told me that the blood sample should tell us if it is a uterine infection or uterine cancer. Would you agree with that statement?, Also, I was thinking what if it is intestinal bleeding? She seems like she’s in pain when she’s peeing and pooping. Also, there was some mucus in her poop. What would cause intestinal bleeding? On the x-ray, the vet couldn’t see anything bad in the abdominal cavity. That was not obstruction or anything like this. Please share Your experience with intestinal bleeding causes and symptoms if you can. I saved my piggy from The pneumonia and I am not giving up now.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:40 am

I agree that the blood sample would tell you if there's an infection, but not if there's cancer. If there's no infection, that might make it more likely that it's being caused by a tumor, but it could also be caused by a cyst.

A bad infection in the GI tract could cause bleeding, as could an abnormal growth. But in most cases, the kind of bleeding you're describing is from the reproductive tract.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

Thank you so much - you are so helpful. Would you be able to take a quick look at the x rays for a second opinion? Please let me know and I will email them to you.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 pm

Send them to Lynx and let her put them on the board -- more eyes are better.

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm

just emailed

Svilena55

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm

also, I was thinking could this be related to overian cyst? what would be the treatment? maybe it can go away by itself?