Help Please!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Generally stopping eating and slobbering are tooth issues but may not be the problem for her. I don't have any good advice for you but hope this is treatable.

Ultrasounds can help identify internal tumors if they are involved.

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 am

Thank you, he put her under and inspected everything very carefully, it is now the teeth, but there is that soft mass under her chin and I’m waiting on results from the sample he took. She is going down though which is very unfortunate. I got her through two other conditions and extended her life my whole year but I think unfortunately the end is near. Trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. Thanks for the help though

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:57 am

One more question, if you don’t mind. Do you have any experience with giving a little bit of CBD oil for pain?

PiggyFlamingo

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Svilena55,

I started 2 of my boys on Canna Pet Advanced Max CBD Oil about a month ago after our vet suggested we try it when nothing else was working. We didn't know where to start on dosing as there is very little info on it. We started with 1 drop, 1x a day which didn't do anything and finally figured out that 0.20mL 2x/day for my 2 sickly boys helped. I have one on it that had a mysterious illness that none of our 3 exotics vets could figure out after having every test under the moon done with normal results, the other one has had eye removal surgery (rescue piggy that was a severe neglect case) and a pretty bad foot wound. In both cases it has helped with the pain/discomfort and more importantly, stimulated the appetite of my one that would not eat or drink on his own.

They both weigh between 1025g-1090g and it took approximately 2-3 days on the correct dosage before we saw improvement. Our vets have been following their progress and have been very happy with how CBD has helped them. In a way, they have become the 'guinea pigs' for CBD usage lol.

Hope this information helps, I highly recommend speaking to your vet about it.

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:06 pm

Interesting info PiggyFlamingo. My daughter had suggested we try CBD when our piggies were ill but I couldn't find much about it online and whether it was safe or not.

I am just picturing Guinea Pigs with the Cavy equivalent of "The Munchies" now.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 pm

I am completely unfamiliar with the product. Is this a cannabis product?

Svilena55

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:37 pm

Yes! I think it helps. So, the doctor called me with the results of the sample he took, it is not cancer and it is just enlarged lymph nodes, he said he she must be fighting some kind of infection but we don’t know where it’s coming from, so he told me to continue with B trail and see how it goes.

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:08 am

The pigs urine is a very dark orange color, does that mean it’s because of the antibiotics? Are the kidneys working really hard? I am trying to force-feed her water and liquids as much as possible. Thank you.

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:46 am

I did some more research and I’m wondering if the swollen lymph nodes by the neck area are due to a sinus infection. We have been battling a year now on and off respiratory issues. Do you think Baytril is the right medicine for sinus infection? I also give going to mice in through nebulizer I also give gentamicin through nebulizer Thanks

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:22 am

The vet prescribed .5 mL of Baytril to be given twice a day. However, I think since she has such a big stomach problems in her system is shutting down, I am going to break this down of .3 mL three times a day. Do you think that’s a good idea? Of course I’m giving probiotics and I’ll kinds of other things to help the stomach.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:49 am

I don't think three doses vs two of Baytril will make any difference. The average transit time through the gut of a guinea pig is 20 hours, so she'll have Baytril in her GI tract regardless of how many times you give it.

Baytril is generally the right medicine for a sinus infection.

Antibiotics can affect the color of the urine. If you're having trouble getting enough water in her, get some pedialyte, dilute it half and half, and give it to her. Most pigs love it.

Svilena55

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks!!! Yes I will do that. Also I felt her lymph nodes around the neck and they’re definitely swollen. I think it is because she’s fighting whatever infection she has. And it looks like it’s painful for her to chew or swallow. But the bat swears that everything is fine with her teeth. So the fight will continue. I think she wants to live.