Advice

Dianalyn

Post   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:26 am

I have a little girl piggy named Dot who was 2 on July 4th. She recently lost her cage mate and shortly After seemed to come down with a URI. There was crackling and what sounds like congestion but she had no discharge from her nose or crusty eyes. I took her in to see the vet and on the ride over the crackling stopped. The vet said to give her a week Bactrim as a precaution. The next morning she was gasping for air so I took her right back and they suggested nebulizer treatments. She went for four days twice s day and it seemed to help her. About ten days went by and the crackling was back and they gave her a 2 week course of baytril. She had been eating though not responding to the antibiotic. The crackling seems to come and go.
This morning I noticed she would not come out when I gave them their morning veggies. She is also down from 35 oz to 33 oz.
the vet came send gave her lasix, a shot of vitamin c though I give her that daily, and a steroid to stimulate her appetite.
She also prescribed a weeks lasix, metacam and veradam.
Dot is just laying there and the crackling is back though not when the vet was here. She listened to her lungs and hears no congestion, nor anything in the nose.
I am giving her critical care but it seems she is not swallowing it but it stays in her mouth.
I don't know what else to do for her.
I am afraid I am going to lose her and I just lost one on 8/31

.,,a,,

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 am

A heart scan could tell more. It could be a heart problem. Also, Baytril is not on the list of meds in my country anymore, as it's strength as an antibiotic is failing, it would be wise to try another antibiotic first, before checking the heart.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 am

Ditto pigjes.
www.guinealynx.info/heart.html

I don't know what veradam is. I can't find anything on google. Is this a drug? If so, what are the active ingredients?

Do not post duplicate posts. I deleted your identical post.

3 posts • Page 1 of 1