Ivermectin Overdose

Post Reply
User avatar
BamBam

Post   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:06 am


I have been contacted by a breeder (no need to comment please - this is about the pigs).

She has a mite infestation and been provided with injectable ivermectin by her vet.

She administered the first round of treatment and having completed it realised that she had given each pig 10 times the stated dose.

I am told none have shown signs of toxicity.

It is now time for the second round of treatment and she has asked me if she should proceed.

I am concerned she may compound the problem.

Advice please?

Clint The Cuy

Post   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:41 am


She needs to speak with the vet that dispensed the ivermectin to her.

How long ago was the initial treatment?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:05 am


I have no idea what she should do. But if you figure it out, or the vet responds, please post back here so we'll know if someone else runs into the same problem.

For what it's worth, I've long thought that ivermectin isn't as toxic as we've thought, and that measuring down to a hundredth of a cc is overkill.

User avatar
BamBam

Post   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 am


She won’t speak to the vet - I’ve told her to.

10 days post first treatment.

User avatar
Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:48 pm


Has she read the info here? What is the concentration?

There is a wide safety range but bad stuff can happen. Always best for us to advise accurate measuring.

Does she know the concentration in mg/ml? Have her check the dose here:
www.guinealynx.info/calculate_dose.html

She would be better off doing this topically.

www.guinealynx.info/topical_ivermectin.html

Info on toxicity here:
http://www.guinealynx.info/ivermectin.html#toxicity

Post Reply
5 posts • Page 1 of 1