Deslorelin Implant for Ovarian Cysts

Cloegpg

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m wondering if anyone has had success with a deslorelin implant aka lupron to manage ovarian cysts. My girl will be six in April and I was nervous to put her through such an invasive surgery so my vet suggested trying the implant. It has only been in for a few days so it’s too early to tell if it’s going to work or not. I’d like to try it with one of my younger girls too who is about 1 1/2 and already has signs of crusty nipples and slight hair loss. Each implant is 185 dollars and can last up to 18 months. Thanks for any advice or previous experiences you may have had with implants for your pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Have you done a search of the medical forums? There are several posts about implants that may answer your questions (I have not used them).

Keep in mind you should keep all your questions about a single guinea pig on one thread. If you have already started a thread on this guinea pig, I can close this one.

Cloegpg

Post   » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:52 am

I did look through the forums but I thought someone may have some more information regarding the subject. I’m sorry about the multiple threads, I didn’t realize it was only supposed to be one per guinea pig.