Guinea Pig HELP ASAP

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:11 am

My guinea pig Nancy went to the vet because she was sneezing and had boogers on her little nose and I was extremely worried that she had a URI! When the vet had her she took a good look at her and told me that she seemed to be just fine! She said that she may have been allergic to something or gotten something in her nose. It has been almost a week since Nancy has come home and I have cleaned everything and she still has boogers and is sneezing! She is eating and plays with my other guinea pig Sid and seems fine but she just has a little sneeze and boogers that I have to wipe off occasionally. I really would like to get some advice. I love my Guinea Pigs more than anything but I cannot afford to keep taking her to the vet because unfortunately, I am in a not very good financial situation to do that. Besides that, I give my piggies the best care and try my best to keep them extremely healthy and happy. If anybody could give me advice though on what to do about this snotty mess nancy is in!

Info may needed:
She uses fleece bedding
I don't use smelly things to clean it with and keep everything clean and not smelly.

Post   » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:54 am

Was this vet an exotics vet who is experienced treating guinea pigs? Some vets will dismiss these signs as not important when they are. Are the signs you are seeing new? How old are your guinea pigs and how long have you had them? Does your house show any signs of mold?

It sounds like this vet may have not properly diagnosed your guinea pig. If they are an exotics vet, you could call and complain that they are still exhibiting the signs of a uri. Right now it is important that you weigh your guinea pigs daily to ensure they are eating enough.

For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:32 pm

My vets always treat a crusty nose, sneezing with antibiotics. URI's can get bad fast. Here are some suggestions (from GL members) for good piggie vets in your area:

3 posts • Page 1 of 1