Jasmine's Medical Questions

Mosey

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:14 pm

chlorhexidine is a very good for killing bacteria and fungus. Most dental offices carry chlorhexidine mouth rinse. You certainly wouldn't want to drink it, but the little bit that would remain on her foot wouldn't be harmful to her if she licks her foot later. You could wet a cotton pad with it and hold it on the foot for as long as she will tolerate it. As well, if you want a totally natural laundry detergent you should check out soap nuts. You can purchase them on Amazon or your local organic grocery store. Hopefully everyone is better soon!

piggylover49

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm

I never heard of soap nuts, and I searched them online. They are so cool! Thanks for the suggestion! We will definitely try chlorhexidine if the anti-fungal cream doesn’t work.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Chlorhexidine comes in various solutions - some are cleaning solutions. If you go that route, make absolutely sure it is an oral mouth wash.

Kimera

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 am

Another excellent natural, gentle cleaning substance is soapwort. It was used in Europe before soap nuts were imported. Soapwort is recommended for washing face and hair, and also for washing most delicate fabrics like silk or wool. https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/produ ... ot/profile
Soapwort root pieces need to be boiled in water. This soapy brew is then used for washing or bathing.

piggylover49

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Thanks! I never knew there were so many natural soap options. Will definitely make sure it is an oral chlorhexidine if we use it.

piggylover49

Post   » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:38 am

The nicatin cream is not working as well as we like. It is helping the fungus, but not making all of it go way. We might try the chlorhexidine. One other question is do we actually really need to treat it? My gps don’t seem in pain, are there any bad long term effects of having fungus in their feet?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 pm

If it's looking better, that's good. Ask your vet what he/she thinks the next time you see them. Keep in mind the chlorhexidine is very drying. You must dilute it.

I don't know how much foot fungus would be acceptable. You don't want to find out later there is also a bacterial infection.

piggylover49

Post   » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:49 pm

Ok, thanks so much!

piggylover49

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm not sure if Pigsy has a UTI. This afternoon I was watching them play in their cage, and Pigsy went to the littler box to go to the bathroom, and I noticed her pee was a dark colored. I'm not sure if it's normal, it looks orange/pink. Do you think it's a blood/UTI or normal?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Here you go. I kind of think this is not significant. Does not look like blood.

Kimera

Post   » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:29 am

Lots of foods change the color of piggie (and human) color and smell. The most obvious is beetroot.