Bee 's Medical thread

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:40 pm

I'm heading out to get CriticalCare this afternoon, the closest place that sells it is pretty far but it's alright. Bee needs the calories. Can I put the VitaDrops directly in that? It seems like it would kill two birds with one stone.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:43 pm

Alright not sure where my last reply went, apologies if there's two replies for you.

I'm going out to get CriticalCare this afternoon, Bee needs the calories. Can I put the VitaDrops directly in that when I syringe it to her?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Yes, you can put it in the critical care.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:58 pm

I got CriticalCare, made some, and offered it to her. She seemed interested, but she didn't eat much. Is there any way you guys know of that will entice her to eat it? I have syringes but I'd prefer if she'd take it herself. She does eat a lot of hay, though.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Mix some of her favorite fruit/veggie in it and see if that helps.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Alright I'll try that, thanks!

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:05 pm

I found some poos, here's an image:
https://gyazo.com/9149e71070e4e4004ca877987ee25bbb
Do they look okay to you guys? I know she's still healing but they don't reveal any other problems right?

Also you can keep the image for further reference.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm

It's actually a lot browned than the picture turned out, sort of a green-tan color.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:40 am

Here's your image:

I think there is a range of color from tan to dark, depending on what is being eaten. If these were the cecal feces, they would be even greener and stinky.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:24 am

She eats mostly hay right now, so maybe that's a contributing factor.

fredwardtegreat

Post   » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi, again!

Bee seems to be doing well, she won't eat anything much besides hay but I'm getting her C through VitaDrops in her water (which I replace every thirty minutes or so). She does have a goopy eye, I've included a picture below. (Sorry it's a bit low quality)

https://gyazo.com/1b022eb058fb929cd5b1dd4b94b5854d

Does this look like an illness or just stress? Also, how do I get her to eat more than just hay so she can regain her strength?

Thanks for all your help!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 am

I would try to syringe the vitamin C once or twice daily directly instead of putting it in the water.

Are you weighing daily? You mentioned crackly breathing earlier -- a possible URI. It is good she is eating hay but of course she needs more variety to get proper nutrients. What is her behavior like?

www.guinealynx.info/uri.html

www.guinealynx.info/weigh.html

www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html