Eyes

Dev1n

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:06 pm

[*]So I recently got an female guinea pig who's pretty small so shes probably pretty young ss well and introduced her to 3 other female guinea pigs I have and they get along just fine. But I have been recently observing that just one of her eye is receding and has a little bit of crust on it and her other eye looks perfectly healthy. I had a young guinea pig before who died beucase it got sick and I didn't know the signs and it was too late and one of those signs I have learned is receding and crusty eyes. But I think I remember that guinea had both eyes receding I don't remember. But the one i have now only one eye is receding and unlike the one I had that died the one I have now eats well drinks well so I don't think she is sick, she use to face the corner which I read was a sign but she deosnt anymore I think she was doing that beucase she was shy she is more social with the others and isn't as shy and doesn't go to the corner anymore. Is this maybe an eye infection? Should I take her to the vet? Help!!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:39 pm

Yes, take her to the vet. While there may or may not be a URI, there could also be an injury to the eye or another problem that is causing this.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1