Fiona - noise when pooping

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Poor girl. Hoping some combination sets her straight.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue May 01, 2018 12:11 am

Just so you understand, you may not know whether the flagyl will clear things up unless you stop the veggies and give it a chance.

rpaws

Post   » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Update: Took Fiona to the vet on Wednesday. She had an x-ray. There was no stones. She does have degenerative bone disease. I asked if some of those Oxbow joint tablets would help and vet said yes.

She took blood and is waiting for the blood results.

The vet said Fiona's right side is bulging a bit. I don't see it but I have been very cautious about bothering her.

The vet tech said she wanted to give her a bit of a wash due to the "poop shoes" but that immediately put Fiona into distress.

She did make some distress noises on the way home. Yesterday she made some distress noises but much less.

The vet took her off the pain medication. She is to finish up the 10 days of Flagyl and was given another antibiotic medication.

I haven't heard any distress sounds today - crossing paws.

Fiona is still interested in her chow.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 04, 2018 7:57 am

Crossing fingers for her!

rpaws

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 11:13 pm

Short update - Fiona's weight has stabilized. She very seldom is making noises of distress. Finishing up antibiotics which she loves. She is very vocal - maybe due to her losing her cagemate? She will scream at me for food - loves her chow. She will take the piece of pepper or carrot and run with it.

Way less diarrhea and her coat is way cleaner.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Good news.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 am

So happy to hear she is improving!

rpaws

Post   » Sun May 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Fiona started breathing heavily last night and was not interested in her food. I took her to the emergency vet hospital this morning, a place I really dislike and try to avoid. The vet said there was fluid around her heart, possibly myocardial infection or cancer. Prognosis was not good. Fiona was euthanized.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

I'm so sorry.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 20, 2018 4:57 pm

I am sorry to hear about Fiona. These decisions are never easy, even when they seem to be the most humane. You have our sympathy.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Mon May 21, 2018 11:05 am

I'm sorry to hear about Fiona's passing. That is a hard decision. Sending warm, comforting thoughts your way.