4 year old female is squeaking when urinating

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:01 am

Is that an inch ruler, or centimeters?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 pm

An inch ruler. (centimeters were at the bottom but I just cropped the inch one which was closer - the pattern of marker lengths and number of divisions is the giveaway to inches)

EDIT!!!
I looked more closely and don't know. There are 10 divisions, not eight so the impression I had of it being inches is likely wrong.

So cm?

duskern

Post   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:44 am

Lynx wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 am I generally crop large photos so you see a smaller part. We can leave your photo above, hosted where ever it is hosted, and I can add this (for example) in case your photo disappears so people can see the size of the stone:
You have a point. I should have cropped the photo, because it is kinda big. But yes of course, just add it to the thread Lynx. All the photos I post here is just to inform and help.
Lynx wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:12 pm An inch ruler. (centimeters were at the bottom but I just cropped the inch one which was closer - the pattern of marker lengths and number of divisions is the giveaway to inches)

EDIT!!!
I looked more closely and don't know. There are 10 divisions, not eight so the impression I had of it being inches is likely wrong.

So cm?
Yes it's centimeters :) Sry. I didn't think about some users might be from countries where they use inches.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:34 pm

We are primitive here and always think in inches! But this also means the stone is not gigantic - though still a good sized stone.

duskern

Post   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 am

Lynx wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:34 pm We are primitive here and always think in inches! But this also means the stone is not gigantic - though still a good sized stone.
I suppose I would too if I resided in the US or the UK :D I have been observering her as much as I can since the procedure and she is still doing fairly well, although some squeaking has returned. It doesn't seem as much as before and not quite as often, but I have heard it a couple of times now over the last 3 hours or so. This puzzles me...

I'm not sure if she's just lazy, but she loves to sit in her house most of the time. It happens some times that her fur is a bit wet from pee when I take her out. Is this a normal thing?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:45 am

It can be from just sitting there are there may be some urinary incontinence. If you have not already, I would trim all the butt hairs and try to keep her dry down there. This page discusses urine scald, in case that develops.
https://www.guinealynx.info/urine_scald.html

duskern

Post   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 am

Lynx wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:45 am It can be from just sitting there are there may be some urinary incontinence. If you have not already, I would trim all the butt hairs and try to keep her dry down there. This page discusses urine scald, in case that develops.
https://www.guinealynx.info/urine_scald.html
Thx Lynx. Is there a good way to do the trimming? And how much should I trim? I have done my best to keep the house clean, adding new sawdust several times a day. It has been much better the past few days, but I'm keeping a close eye on her.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

I am guessing a small scissors and having someone help you and going carefully would work. I think vets have electric trimmers.

duskern

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:20 am

Lynx wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am I am guessing a small scissors and having someone help you and going carefully would work. I think vets have electric trimmers.
Seems like a good idea. I'm just a bit unsure about how it should end up looking. How much should I trim and so on...

Just so I don't forget, this is a picture of our beloved Abigail <3

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 pm

She is so darn cute! You just want it short enough that the area stays cleaner. Trim as much as you can do safely.

duskern

Post   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:19 am

Lynx wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 pm She is so darn cute! You just want it short enough that the area stays cleaner. Trim as much as you can do safely.
Thx Lynx :) We think so too and we love her very much. I'm not sure how well it translates in the picture, but she is quite big, ~1,5 kg. She is almost the size of a teddy bear compared to the other two we have :) We will give it a try with the trimming.

Any other advice on keeping her dry? Despite my efforts, we have seen it a couple of times over the last few days. I'm beginning to suspect that she's also really lazy, and thus sometimes resides in the same spot for a long time, resulting in getting her fur wet from pee.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 am

I posted about urine scald above. Do keep track of injury to the skin. Read also:
www.guinealynx.info/uti.html

Do watch for excess sludge and the possibility of a recurrent stone which could be causing incontinence.