Dental problem

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun May 27, 2018 1:19 pm

He's probably not pooping because he isn't eating much.

And we don't know if his stool will be normal with only pellet slurry. Probably not.

See http://www.guinealynx.info/search_bloat.html for information on bloat.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Sun May 27, 2018 2:25 pm

So can I use veggies in pellet slurry which is high in vitamin C?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun May 27, 2018 2:54 pm

He needs the pellet slurry more than he needs the veggies. If you're using the Zupreem pellets, they've got vitamin C in them.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 4:00 am

Okay and I'm giving him 25ml per day. Am I feeding him below average?

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 5:06 am

I'm not getting forum feeding quantity measurement. Does he require 59ml per day? His weight was 900g and now he is 670g.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 7:51 am

And one more thing when I press his anal sac side area he started to shake his that side leg I don't know why and what that means?😓

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 8:17 am

Read and follow www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Weighing a couple times daily will tell you if he is getting enough. If he is losing weight, you need to feed more.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 am

He is not losing weight and not gaining weight either😓

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 11:37 am

His poop is getting very bad. Is it because of pellet slurry or should I start veggies slurry?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 12:21 pm

You have many posts asking if you should start a slurry. You've been answered several times. If you want your pig to have a chance of living, then YES, FEED HIM THE PELLET SLURRY.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm still feeding him but I'm not seeing any result.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 1:38 pm

How much are you getting in him?

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 1:44 pm

25ml

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Per day? That's not nearly enough. He needs 10 cc. of slurry for every hundred grams he weighs, every day, split into several feedings. Since he's lost weight, I'd increase that to 15-20 cc at a time.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Yes per day. Ok then I'll try increasing it. So is that the cause he is not pooping at all? I was thinking if he is not pooping then it will be painful for him to store that much of a food

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 3:57 pm

Blackeyepiggy, are you actually reading the posts that people are taking time to write?

Both Lynx and I have explained to you how VERY important it is that a guinea pig eat all the time, and that he will die if he doesn't. But you've decided that it might be painful for him to store that much food. But you're severely underfeeding him.

If you want this pig to have a chance at living, you MUST handfeed him. And you must feed him enough to keep his gut moving. If you don't, he'll either develop fatal stomach ulcers (they eat holes all the way through the stomach), or he'll develop bloat and die from that.

Blackeyepiggy

Post   » Mon May 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Okay okay I'll do it.

57 posts