Hay Poke

xtina0926

Post   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:00 pm

Hello everyone,

My guinea pig Coco has Hay Poke or at least I'm 99% sure. She has all the symptoms and I'm frantically waiting for the vet to call. I know I need to get her to a vet ASAP. The exotic vet is not usually in today, however, she was scheduled to come in and make phone calls so she may be able to see my Coco. I would take her to an emergency vet but none of the emergency vets see Guinea Pigs. In the meantime is there ANYTHING I could do at home to help her. I did manipulate her eye gently to look for hay or anything stuck in the eye, but there was nothing. She was fine during floor time this morning so I guess this is something that has happened within the past few hours. My heart breaks for her, I can tell its painful. Any advice would be appreciated

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Most vets can treat eyes. Just print and take the dangerous medications list so they don't give her an oral antibiotic that she shouldn't take. But probably they'd just do an antibiotic ophthalmic ointment and some pain meds.

xtina0926

Post   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:15 pm

I essentially begged them to let our regular vet see her, they wont. She will be seeing one of their exotic vets who preforms surgeries tonight at 7:40.